“Reasonably priced”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Chicago
“Reasonably priced”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The place was clean and quiet. The rooms seemed a bit small and the place could use some updating. The furniture really looked worn. The breakfast was basic but things ran out quickly.

The location was a bout 5 miles outside of Zanesville but adjacent to the highway.
The staff members were very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Erlanger, KY
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I go to Zanesville several time a year on business, and I've been staying at this property since it was a Red Roof Inn years ago. My most recent visit was January 2013. I've never experienced any problems at this hotel. The rooms I have gotten here have always been clean. And it is quiet, even for a roadside hotel. On my last visit I had a room on the corner of the building, facing the adjacent I-70, and I still wasn't bothered by any noise. There's a very busy truckstop at this exit, and even though there are trucks coming and going at any time of the day or night, I have never been bothered by noise. There is not a whole lot else at this exit - a few gas stations and fast food places, but it's a short 5-minute drive into Zanesville. There's very low-budget motel behind this one, so don't come here for the view. But the Best Western has always been kept very nice. The large and well-lit corner work desk in the room is very helpful. And the rates here are usually reasonable - the Hampton Inn in Zanesville charges almost double what it costs to stay here. As long as the Best Western continues to have good quality and reasonable rates, I will continue to stay here when I'm in Zanesville.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Louder72
Lehigh Valley, PA
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Conveniently located, clean, well-appointed and an amazingly friendly front desk rep...and all of that past midnight after a 400-mile drive. What more could you possibly expect from a budget hotel? How about a hot, real breakfast included in the very reasonable rate? Check. Tomb-level quiet and comfy mattress for a much-needed good night's sleep? Check. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Great stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 4richer4poorer
Charlotte
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Arrived around 4:00 p.m. Was greeted warmly and assigned room on 1st floor. When I explained that I had an email from manager giving me a discount on this stay, (discount was offered based on experience from last stay.) woman behind the counter went out of her way to help me print the email so she could attach it to my bill and award me the discount to the room rate. Room was warm and quiet and I had a good night's stay. In the morning woman behind the desk made sure I had an ice scraper for my car (I had forgotten to pack one) so I could scrape the ice and snow off my car windows.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Switz City, Indiana
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have stayed here in the past, we were in town to help celebrate aunt's 101 th birthday. Much cleaner than earlier in the year, newer bedding. I don't know why but hotels in Zanesville are always full. This hotel is out of town by about 5 miles but its easy to get to and plenty of parking. They are pet friendly, you don't have to take a smoking room if you have a pet, charge is $10. Watch your bill if you don't want the safe in your room, they charged $1.00. Room was good and clean, plenty of room in the king suite. We used the hot tub, it was nice and hot. Towels are at front desk. Rooms are quite. Breakfast is cereal, gravy, biscuits and hard boiled eggs. Coffee all day and cookies in the afternoon. Hotel is a good price for a good room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I travel through this area on a regular basis and prefer to stay at this establishment. The staff has been welcoming and wonderful to deal with. It is also pet friendly which is a plus for me since I travel with my dog.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dayton
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I cannot say enough good about the B. R. Guest Best Western. From the moment I arrived, I felt like each employee went out of her/his way to never let me feel like I was far from home. I checked in on Thanksgiving night, after a 9 hour shift training at a local ER and the Desk Clerk mentioned that the Denny's Diner across the street was open, and that with my room key, I would get a 10% discount. She also made sure I had access to the internet, and said if I needed anything, just to ask. The room was very nice, very clean, quiet and it was warm. I don't know if it's the habit of the hotel, but it was so nice to come in to a hotel that had a warm room instead of one that was waiting for the occupant to turn the heater on. The bed was comfortable and I loved the big, lighted desk in the work area. The internet connection was excellent. And, there is a small safe in the room. I can see maybe storing small items in it, but nothing as big as a laptop.
The breakfast was good, but there were a lot of people there and a couple things were emptied out quickly. I have to admit, they had really good biscuits and gravy! When anticipating a long shift, possibly without a break, it was nice to have something like that to fill me up and keep me going. And, I have to admit, the coffee was great, too!
I had no problems with parking. I felt very safe. The Denny's '50's diner across the street was really good and I felt welcome. I am planning on several stays with the B. R. Guest while I am doing my clinical training in Zanesville!
Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor just because I do not like people walking around overhead.