“Awesome value for family of four”

Best Western B. R. Guest
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Great rooms, easy access off I-70. Free parking, easily accessible to lobby. Pool and hot tub a bit cloudy and dirty but still refreshing after a long day traveling. Complimentary breakfast included. Great location for visiting Rhe Wilds.
Would recommend and stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 24, 2012

There was about a $60/night additional cost to stay at any of 3 chains I might have preferred downtown. With that kind of price difference, I didn't mind staying 5 mi. west of Zanesville. The exit still provided 3 gas stations, a Denny's, plus 4 fast food restaurants.

Unlike others, I found the queen bed and 4 pillows comfy. I certainly do agree that the room had a "weird" smell -- unusual for a nonsmoking room. The room lighting was somewhat dim: poor by the single floor lamp and chair, but OK by the desk and nightstand. The bath had ample fluffy towels, but no fan; the sink is located outside the bath. The ice machine on our floor was out of order during our entire 3 night stay.

The front desk staff is friendly. The lobby has 2 guest use computers, one connected to a printer. My friend and I skipped the basic continental breakfast, which ends at 9am weekdays, in favor of Denny's nearby which offers a 10% discount to hotel guests (20% if you show your AARP card at dinner 4-10pm). We did make sure to sample the free cookies (3 kinds), available from late afternoon until they run out, everyday in the hotel breakfast room.

I would recommend this hotel to travelers who are budget conscious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Good location right off the interstate. Reasonable price range and well kept room. Front desk clerk was very helpful and courteous. Free coffee or tea in lobby as well as a free continental breakfast. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mjbaby
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel is pretty clean overall, and the rooms are about what you would expect. One issue we did encounter is that it looked like housekeeping did not clean under the coffee maker--when we went to move it there was some goo. The room itself seemed reasonably clean but it did have a musty smell when we came in. The staff were very friendly, overall. The ice machine was broken on our non-smoking floor (2nd) and when I went up to the 3rd floor to get ice the smoke was so awful in the hallway that it stung my eyes. However, we didn't notice any smoke on our floor. Our kids had a great time in the pool, but they did not supply towels for drying off. The free breakfast was all carb and fat, no protein whatsoever (cereal, waffles, bagels, muffins, not even fruit), so skip that. Plus, the breakfast area was small and packed. Overall, it wasn't a bad place to stay, and when you are in Zanesville you can't be too picky. The good news is that there is an Exxon right across the street that sells beer, and there are a couple of restaurants very close by, albeit places like Wendy's and Denny's.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a non-smoking room--do not accept the 3rd floor (unless, of course, you like to sm...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

After driving almost 15 hours with 15hrs to go, I pulled into this Best Western.
Friendly, prompt, and I was given a King Suite on the top floor.
I thought the price was a lil high for one night, but I slept like a baby especially with the 8 pillows
Pool area was clean and full of towels. Very clean, cozy, well lighted, soap, dryer, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and lots of towels available.
Only downfall, the Breakfast area was really small and crowded- like I couldnt even get 'in' to get toast because its surrounded by tables and everyone squished together... I left with a to go cup of apple juice.

Room Tip: top floor, super quiet
Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Its_My_Life12
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here last year, hotel has become worn and a bit shabby. The price is good and about every other hotel is booked. Poor lady at front desk was having personal problems, hope all is well. Hot tub was working but was dirty. Breakfast was ok, beds were soft. Just too shabby to enjoy the stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jaynewan
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here for a funeral because everywhere else in the area was booked. The hotel staff was very nice and even gave us a discount since we were staying for a funeral. The room smelled a bit weird and wasn't very clean (there was a dirty sock under our sink). My main issue was that the lady at the front desk charged me twice for the room. I ended up calling several days after our stay when I say it post to 2 credit cards (they didn't notify me) and she said it was her mistake and it was corrected, but it's been two weeks later and I still haven't been reimbursed for the room. The discount they gave us doesn't do much when they charge you double and take this long to correct their mistake. They were never authorized to take the money out from the credit card the room was reserved and I never signed anything saying they could.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family