“Clean place to stay”

Best Western B. R. Guest
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is a clean, decent motel with VERY friendly and helpful staff. It's a bit outside of Zanesville, closer to a couple pottery shops as well as the Wilds. There are several chain restaurants nearby. The continental breakfast isn't expansive, but it's adequate. The rooms have fridges and microwaves. The bed was comfy. They seem to be having trouble with the electronic keycards for the guestrooms and fitness center; I had to try mine multiple times to get into my room. Cable TV selection is good. It's a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ToniOhio

Reviewed May 19, 2011

My husband and I got a room here for about half of a night (checked in at 2:30am). The checkout time was noon, which was perfect. I don't think I've stayed at a hotel before with that late of a checkout. I could wake up on my own time and not have to rush around to get out in time. We got a non-smoking room with a king bed. I was actually disappointed that we weren't staying for more than one night, it had a big fridge, a microwave, and a nice office desk and chair. Perfect if you're planning on being there for a couple of days. The bed was so comfy with tons of fluffy pillows. The bathroom was nicely laid out and clean. The only thing that was odd was that the TV volume would only go down about a quarter of the way, which was loud. There is a free continental breakfast, which would have been nice but it ended at 9 and we missed it. This was a very nice and clean hotel, conveniently located off the highway and near restaurants.

Room Tip: Back of building overlooks gross, rundown hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AimeeKB
Reviewed March 20, 2011

This is one of the cleanest hotel I have stayed at. Staff is friendly and caring. Excellent breakfast for the price.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Very sophisticated for price range
close to highway
[but you don't hear it]
indoor pool and grounds well kept
friendly and helpful staff
definitely will return

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was a one-night stop en route to the Hocking Hills region in the south of Ohio. It was just off the I-70 which was convenient for us but also convenient for truckers and there were several large trucks in the car park. We chose this hotel as it had a pool and we particularly enjoyed having a swim after a day in the car but disappointingly this pool was closed and although we were told we could use the hot tub, this was too hot for my 10 year old daughter.
We booked rooms with interconnecting doors which we were given but in one of the rooms, someone had obviously been smoking cigars so my daughter and I were moved to a room opposite the other one, without any fuss. The rooms were clean and comfortable, if a little old-fashioned and there was a complimentary breakfast and popcorn maker and free HBO.
The receptionist, Frances, was friendly and professional and she recognised my Yorkshire, England accent as her mother lived there so we were able to chat easily and she recommended a great restaurant away from the usual McDonalds and Wendy's nearby....
I think we would stay here again though I would want to know if the problems with the pool had been rectified...?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This motel is comfortable, very clean and well-priced. Great staff, comfy beds. Two nice casual restaurants next door. Nice, clean pool.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My children stayed at this motel while visiting The Wilds with their grandparents. My 9-year old wanted to share her thoughts: "Best Western was not the best because the room we stayed in had a musty odor. We asked for a different room, but a room with 2 queen beds wasn't available. The room was quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed the pool, although the water was a little murky. The pool temperature was good. Breakfast was very crowded and there were not a lot of choices. "

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family