“Excellent stay, excellent hilltop view!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express and Suites is rated the number one hotel in Zanesville for very good reason. We booked a rewards point night at this hotel after a long day of driving. We were met with smiling faces, and a fantastic room. Being platinum IHG reward members, we were offered an upgrade to a nice suite with a separate small TV room. In addition, there was a chair and ottoman, refrigerator, microwave and a second TV in the bedroom. The bed was fantastic. I have back problems, but this bed was just like sleeping in my bed at home. The shower was so great that my husband and I both took extra long showers. The breakfast was full of choices including bacon and scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and various pastries and cinnamon rolls. The girl that was taking care of the breakfast area was doing a wonderful job keeping everything full of fresh food. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. If we are ever in this area again, we will definitely stay here. In addition, there were several nice restaurants including Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Tumbleweeds, Bob Evans and Steak and Shake very close by. A win-win situation in every way!

Room Tip: Try not to be on the end of the first floor next to the outside door as it can be pretty loud with t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Junusebopp

Reviewed May 12, 2014

To treat myself for Mother's Day, I looked for a hotel with a hot tub & pool. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was called this morning & the manager said that as she did a walk-around the property she noticed that my car window was open (it had stormed last night) I was given a large towel to wipe my seats, than was asked twice by 2 different staff members if I'd like them to vacuum up the water on my car's floor. How nice is that? About the room...it was wonderful. The king bed was very comfy. There were 4 pillows on the bed & each pillowcase was marked if they were soft or firm....2 were soft, 2 were firm. Seriously, they were the nicest pillows that I've ever laid my head on. Just an extra touch that they added for their guests that I've never seen in hotels before were a little package of a few Qtips, a nail file, cotton balls, make up remover, and on the night stand there were foam ear plugs. My room, #125 on the ground floor was so quiet, ear plugs weren't needed. I slept like a baby last night. The hotel & my room was tastefully done in contemporary decor. Now, about my fave part...the pool & hot tub....AWESOME!!! The hot tub was a wonderful 104 degrees with powerful jets for my aching back. The pool was a refreshing temp. During my stay I made 3 different trips to that hot tub & pool, it was that wonderful. The business center had 2 computers and a printer. There were scratch pads and pens and even anti-bacterial hand gel for the guests to use. The vending machines were well stocked & laundry room was spotless. I can't say enough good things about the breakfast. I took pics of everything to show you. If anyone leaves that breakfast bar still hungry, there's something wrong with them. After eating I probably should of went to their fitness center for a work out, but instead I went for my 3rd trip to the hot tub & pool. To say the least, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Bring you swim suit & enjoy the pool & hot tub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have driven through Zanesville many times but never stayed here. This trip, after a long day of driving we decided to rest here. Numerous times we have stayed in Holiday Inn Expresses and most often enjoyed them...despite them a little more expensive.

This was one of the nicest! Rooms were clean, and that means the rug too. Beds were comfortable and bathroom spotless.

I was most impressed by the breakfast. Scrambled eggs which tasted like real eggs, bacon, fresh biscuits, and sausage gravy. Of course there was other breakfast items as well. I think this this was the best motel breakfaast we had in years.

I would definitely stay here again. I am getting hungary just thinking about it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Careermanzz
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I always look forward coming back to the Zanesville IHG.
This is still one of my favorite top 2 in the chain.
No expense was spared in details and amenities and no corners cut in service.
The rooms are spacious, mattress very comfortable, always very very clean.
Dan keeps the breakfast buffet full and everything is hit and fresh.
I can't wait until the new IHG (they are building) is done.
Several restaurants down the hill.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Travel46804
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in. The breakfast is also one of best I have had anywhere, including those I have paid for. The staff are friendly and the rooms are immaculate. I will always stay there when I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Zanesville when driving between DC and Indianapolis and it has proven to be a reliable midway stop over point. It has ample parking and is within walking distance of a few different chain eateries as well as is conveniently located just off of the I-70 exit.

The property is very clean and the rooms are fairly spacious (we stayed in a king) with a mini fridge and flat screen TV. Breakfast is included and is your standard hotel continental fare. Overall, would definitely recommend for anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel is a find, especially if you want to be just outside of Columbus, OH (~50 miles). The staff is incredibly congenial - good people for sure. The rooms are quiet, and the hotel is a bit away from the freeway - for me this means a quiet night's rest. The breakfast bar is plentiful. The whole place if very clean. You can see that the people take pride int he place and care for it too. I will return here whenever I have business in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo