Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nice hotel. Nice room. Breakfast was excellent! They had a pancake maker machine. Tasted great! We were returning from Gaithersburg, MD, as we were attending my grandfather's army reunion. Another good job Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steelchess77
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, not only for staying with us but also thank you for taking time out of your day to share with folks how you your felt about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the breakfast was to your liking. I hope that the next time you are traveling in the Zanesville area you stop by and visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mission, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel food service and very clean. Breakfast is quite good and the service is excellent. Property is located on a hill too so the drive up is a little steep but even towing a trailer it was easy to manage. Rooms look fairly new with clean Linens and very comfortable beds. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that your stay with was enjoyable, I hope that you also had a wonderful time at the Mopar Nationals. We hope to see you and your family again the next time you are in the Zanesville, Ohio area.
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Zanesville the weekend of July 19th and 20th. We had originally only booked the 19th, but since we were travelling on motorcycles and the weather did not cooperate with our plans to move on, we ended up staying an extra night. The rooms were very clean, beds were very comfortable and the staff was "amazing!" On the Saturday as the 2 couples we were with were unable to move on to our next destination due to the heavy rains, we were hanging around waiting for a break in the weather, unsure if we would be able to get out or not. The staff totally understood our perdicament and allowed us a late check out for one of the rooms. They went as far as bringing out rags for the guys to wipe down the motorcycles and allowed us to hang out under the entry way out of the rain. There was a convention of golfers staying there as well and we met some very nice people. Everyone was very friendly. When we finally realized that the weather was not going to break we inquired about staying an extra night. Unfortunately the hotel was completely booked, however they did have one room available, so one couple took it. There were other hotels in the area and we were contemplating checking around with them. The staff said to hang in as they generally have cancellations. As luck would have it, later on in the day, two more rooms opened up. The staff put our names on them immediately. We had a very good time hanging out under the entry way, meeting people and enjoying the warm rainy day. Not too often do you run into such wonderful understanding people. They just couldn't be nicer. Oh and a special mention to the gentleman who prepares the hot breakfast (amoung several other duties as I saw) Excellent !!! You have a wonderful team there. Hope they are appreciated ! We certainly did !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for not only staying with us during your travels but also for your glowing review here on TripAdvisor. It warms my heart to hear that our staff not only met your expectations but exceeded them. I appreciate the fact that you went out of your way to make it known what a truly wonderful staff I have here and I assure you I do my best to let them know this every day. I am glad that the weather cleared up enough for you to be able to continue on your journey, and I hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you choose to stay with us.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were traveling along and needed a place for the night. Good reviews on Tripadvisor made us stop. Suites were available and were large and clean. Front desk (guy) could have been more pleasant, and wished we were waited on by the gal next to him, she was much more helpful and pleasant. Even though we said we were Holiday Inn rewards, don't think he bothered to look us up. Breakfast was terrific --- pancake machine, I had never seen that before, and the cinamon rolls I could eat all day!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us but for also posting this review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback. If you would like to email me your information I can be sure that your points were added for your stay with us. My email address is hie_zanesville@doublejlodging.com. I apologize that my front desk employee was not more friendly and helpful when you checked and I assure I will address this with him. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that the pancake machine was a pleasant surprise for you as well. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you choose to stay with us.
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our local quilt shop does a sewing retreat here and the staff is wonderful to work with.
The rooms are very clean and the beds are so comfortable. The Inn it self is so inviting. I love the fireplace as you come in. I almost asked them to turn it on this July when I was there but I figured they would think I had lost my mind, but as accomodating as they are, I bet they would have. I know I live in Zanesville and could drive home but for a two day retreat and their comfortable beds just pulls me in and the breakfast is not bad.

Room Tip: I don't think there is any bad room. It's up on a hill so it is very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post this review on TripAvisor. We love having your group come and stay with us and it is nice to see that you are enjoying the time spent with us as well. I hope that we will be seeing you at the next event in October and we are able to deliver the same great stay as we have time and again.
Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice clean place. Everything good and on par with the best Holiday Inn Expresses. Both pool and hot tub water seemed exceptionally clear. Internet seemed a bit sluggish despite the place being far from full. There were plenty of access points. Stayed 1 night in a 2Q.

Room Tip: Rooms on the NE corner face a large steep hill on the North & East - zero noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler1234Missouri
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank so very much for staying with us and taking the time to write an open and honest review here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests and I want to let you know I will be looking into the issue with the internet today. I apologize that this was an issue for you and am glad to hear that the rest of your stay was above par. I hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you choose to stay with us.
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is an average facility in most respects. Good staff, below average free breakfast. It is however overpricedfor this class of hotel and for the location. Be sure to price compare as there are several comparable facilities nearby.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor room whose only and entire view is of the backside of the covering structure...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting an honest review on TripAdvisor. I want to sincerely apologize for your stay with us only being adequate. I am sorry that we were unable to get you a room with a better view of the city. I also wish to apologize for the breakfast not being up to your standards, and for you in general just feeling that the value was not there for your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our staff pleasant and accommodating. I hope that the next time in Zanesville you are willing to give us another chance. Once again thank you and I assure I will be working with my staff on putting the value in our guests stay with more regularity