“Very accomodating to Ontario Bikers !”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Zanesville the weekend of July 19th and 20th. We had originally only booked the 19th, but since we were travelling on motorcycles and the weather did not cooperate with our plans to move on, we ended up staying an extra night. The rooms were very clean, beds were very comfortable and the staff was "amazing!" On the Saturday as the 2 couples we were with were unable to move on to our next destination due to the heavy rains, we were hanging around waiting for a break in the weather, unsure if we would be able to get out or not. The staff totally understood our perdicament and allowed us a late check out for one of the rooms. They went as far as bringing out rags for the guys to wipe down the motorcycles and allowed us to hang out under the entry way out of the rain. There was a convention of golfers staying there as well and we met some very nice people. Everyone was very friendly. When we finally realized that the weather was not going to break we inquired about staying an extra night. Unfortunately the hotel was completely booked, however they did have one room available, so one couple took it. There were other hotels in the area and we were contemplating checking around with them. The staff said to hang in as they generally have cancellations. As luck would have it, later on in the day, two more rooms opened up. The staff put our names on them immediately. We had a very good time hanging out under the entry way, meeting people and enjoying the warm rainy day. Not too often do you run into such wonderful understanding people. They just couldn't be nicer. Oh and a special mention to the gentleman who prepares the hot breakfast (amoung several other duties as I saw) Excellent !!! You have a wonderful team there. Hope they are appreciated ! We certainly did !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for not only staying with us during your travels but also for your glowing review here on TripAdvisor. It warms my heart to hear that our staff not only met your expectations but exceeded them. I appreciate the fact that you went out of your way to make it known what a truly wonderful staff I have here and I assure you I do my best to let them know this every day. I am glad that the weather cleared up enough for you to be able to continue on your journey, and I hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were traveling along and needed a place for the night. Good reviews on Tripadvisor made us stop. Suites were available and were large and clean. Front desk (guy) could have been more pleasant, and wished we were waited on by the gal next to him, she was much more helpful and pleasant. Even though we said we were Holiday Inn rewards, don't think he bothered to look us up. Breakfast was terrific --- pancake machine, I had never seen that before, and the cinamon rolls I could eat all day!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us but for also posting this review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback. If you would like to email me your information I can be sure that your points were added for your stay with us. My email address is hie_zanesville@doublejlodging.com. I apologize that my front desk employee was not more friendly and helpful when you checked and I assure I will address this with him. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that the pancake machine was a pleasant surprise for you as well. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our local quilt shop does a sewing retreat here and the staff is wonderful to work with.
The rooms are very clean and the beds are so comfortable. The Inn it self is so inviting. I love the fireplace as you come in. I almost asked them to turn it on this July when I was there but I figured they would think I had lost my mind, but as accomodating as they are, I bet they would have. I know I live in Zanesville and could drive home but for a two day retreat and their comfortable beds just pulls me in and the breakfast is not bad.

Room Tip: I don't think there is any bad room. It's up on a hill so it is very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post this review on TripAvisor. We love having your group come and stay with us and it is nice to see that you are enjoying the time spent with us as well. I hope that we will be seeing you at the next event in October and we are able to deliver the same great stay as we have time and again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice clean place. Everything good and on par with the best Holiday Inn Expresses. Both pool and hot tub water seemed exceptionally clear. Internet seemed a bit sluggish despite the place being far from full. There were plenty of access points. Stayed 1 night in a 2Q.

Room Tip: Rooms on the NE corner face a large steep hill on the North & East - zero noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveler1234Missouri
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank so very much for staying with us and taking the time to write an open and honest review here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests and I want to let you know I will be looking into the issue with the internet today. I apologize that this was an issue for you and am glad to hear that the rest of your stay was above par. I hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is an average facility in most respects. Good staff, below average free breakfast. It is however overpricedfor this class of hotel and for the location. Be sure to price compare as there are several comparable facilities nearby.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor room whose only and entire view is of the backside of the covering structure...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting an honest review on TripAdvisor. I want to sincerely apologize for your stay with us only being adequate. I am sorry that we were unable to get you a room with a better view of the city. I also wish to apologize for the breakfast not being up to your standards, and for you in general just feeling that the value was not there for your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our staff pleasant and accommodating. I hope that the next time in Zanesville you are willing to give us another chance. Once again thank you and I assure I will be working with my staff on putting the value in our guests stay with more regularity

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night here and found that this was the nicest and cleanest Holiday Inn Express that we ever stayed at. We like to stay at this chain and this one by far was the greatest. We got just a standard room and it was on the first floor. When we opened our door to our room it was so inviting! The room was spotless and decorated beautifully and it smelled so fresh. It wasn't a strong smell like cleaning products, it jut smelled clean and new. The bathroom was a typical bathroom, not real roomy but roomy enough for the one night we stayed. My husband and I loved the water pressure. ( especially my husband) The pressure in the shower made you not want to get out. The lady at the front desk was friendly. She was very busy ,she was the only one there when we checked in and it took a little time for us to get to the desk because there were a couple other people in front of us but she still was professional and apologized that it took a while. The breakfast area was nice as well. Nice items to choose from. We are priority members and we are very happy that we are and will return here if we visit this area agan with no doubt!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christa H
Amanda B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so very much not only for staying with us but also for posting such a glowing review here on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you found our room clean and inviting. I am also glad that the shower pressure was to you liking, I have to say I feel the same way about our shower pressure. I am sorry that you had to wait to check in, I am glad to hear that the front desk staff was professional and apologetic for you wait. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed not only the breakfast but also our breakfast area. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that the next time in Zanesville you are able to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here at the Holiday Inn Express in Zanesville as part of our 3 night trip. The room was confortable, nice and clean. Of the 3, this staff was disappointing. Their attitudes came off as if they could cared less, that was on both the night crew and the morning crew.
The breakfast was the best of all 3 hotels and the food attendant was wonderful, friendly and very helpful. Overall a nice place to stay and good value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry that my desk staff did not show any friendliness or concern when you were checking or checking out. I assure you this will be discussed and the appropriate action taken. I am glad that the breakfast and your room were to your liking. I hope that the next time you are in the Zanesville area you stay with us again.