Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North
$60
$54
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskquiet locationnice sizeyogurtbreakfast barbiscuits and gravyfitness centerexcellent staymini fridgeking bedhot tubwould definitely stay here againbreakfast roombusiness centerup to datestaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is fairly new (2 1/2 yrs. old) and is high on top of a hill and is very confusing on how to get up here. However, after arriving, the staff was extremely friendly and so helpful. The room was quite roomy and very clean. We had a king suite. It was on the third floor and very quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we inquired on where to eat our evening meal. They suggested several restaurants in town and we chose to eat at the Old Market House Inn, just down the road. The staff gave us a coupon for free appetizers or desert. The meal was excellent. If ever in Zanesville again, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel was very clean and the front desk staff was awesome!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. Holiday Inn Express is sitting atop a hill in Zanesville, near other hotels and a couple of different restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Tumbleweed).

The staff was superior. They were very friendly and eager to help if they could. When checking in the front desk host asked if I was a part of the Priority Club, and when I couldn't find my membership number she went about the daunting task of looking it up for me. In addition, another clerk was earnestly trying to help another customer find a hotel room elsewhere in the area, given they were booked solid. Another example of their stellar performance is when I was sitting in the dining room area doing some work at 2 in the afternoon; I had numerous workers ask if I needed anything, more light, water etc. I love the great customer service found here.

The room itself was standard Holiday Inn Express. Very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable. The room also had a flat screen TV with a healthy choice of channels to watch. The desk was convenient given the work I had to complete and the Free WIFI was great to help me complete my tasks. The bathroom was also on the roomy side; my only complaint was that the door was so close to the shower. Therefore making it a bit awkward to leave the door open while showering.

The breakfast area was nice and spacious as well. It contained a numerous tables and chairs for eating. In addition, they had a nice flat screen TV with a couch in front if you just wanted to lounge and watch it. The free breakfast had plenty of items to choose from including pancakes, pastries, juices, biscuits, cereal, etc. The pool and exercise area was nice as well. Though the exercise area didn't have a lot of equipment, it had enough to get the job done. In addition, they added a flat screen TV and a scale. It overlooked the indoor pool area. Though I didn't use it, it had a nice size pool and hot tub that I saw many people enjoy.

The only bad thing I can say about this hotel has nothing to do with the hotel itself. Trying to get there using GPS or map directions is wacky. Using the GPS on my phone (therefore continuously updated) it kind of sent me on a wild goose chase. I ended up going on narrow streets behind random houses. Though I got to my destination, it wasn't easy. However, upon further review when leaving for dinner one night I found a much simpler way. Therefore, pay attention to your surroundings, its easier to get there than the way the GPS is trying to send you.

Overall great stay! Will definitely stay here again when in the area for business.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stopped here because of the comments of others. They were correct. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The pool and whirlpool were clean. The rooms were clean. The price was good. What else can you ask for?
It seems from the reviews we read that bed bugs are a problem at other hotels in the area, so we were so glad to read the reviews before we decided where to stay. Thanks everybody!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank McOskie
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel with points we saved. It is a new hotel in Zanesville, for us it was just a stopover on our trip to Indianapolis. Upon arriving we checked in and were helped efficiently, could be a bit more personal for me.

The hotel is on a hill overlooking Zanesville. Rooms are big and have a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker.

Theres a chair with footrest and also a work desk. You don't have closet space but there is a large rack with hangers for your clothing. There is also no safe in the room.

Since the rooms have wooden floors you will hear people walking above you. In our case there was someone above us with heavy feet and constantly walking.

Wifi is fast and free, breakfast is complimentary too. Breakfast was complete they even have a pancake machine, never seen that before.

The guy who maintained the breakfast room and had a talk with us.

For a hotel in this class it was a very good one for me, and they had a Olive Garden restaurant at walking distance :)

The city of Zanesville wasn't very special to us but we didn't have to much time to explore it either.

• Stayed: May 2012