“Really nice stay - What a pleasure!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Really nice stay - What a pleasure!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Located on top of the hill very close to the center of town. This 3 years old hotel is very clean has the friendliest staff and speciuos rooms. There are a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room, as ell as coffee in he dining area. breakfast is good and location puts you in a very short driving distance to restaurants and shopping. I highly recommend an d will stay there again!

Room Tip: fridge/ microwave and coffee maker in the room. hair dryer, shampoo and bath gel, available in room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelfan021

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This property was very nice. The rooms were big and new and clean. HOWEVER watch your credit card and bank statements. During my stay I used points I had accrued over time by staying in hotels. Someone on the hotel staff, canceled my points reservation and made me a new paid reservation without my knowledge or permission. Because I stayed here using my points, no charges should have been applied to the credit card on my profile. After they charged over $2,000 to my card without my permission, I was told there was nothing they could do about it, that I would have to call my bank. It took me talking to a District Manager to get it straightened out, which he did, but it is amazing that he was able to perform what the GM of this hotel told me was impossible... refunding it to my card! So again, it would be an okay place to stay, but really watch your card closely and expect a major hassle if a mistake is made.

Also, this hotel is hard to find and GPS doesn't seem to recognize the address. Once you find it it is easy, but you might have to call ahead for specific directions.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank lyssak11
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear lyssak11,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked your comfortable room accommodations as we do pride ourselves with our cleanliness. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the unusual situation regarding your bill. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night on a weekend and found it to be just like many HI Express properties: clean, nice staff, good breakfast, and very comfortable. Apparently the place is two years old, but it looks only weeks old. The room was large and cozy, but one criticism would be that the floors wobble a bit when you walk about the room. We'll stay there again when in the neighborhood.

Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Huasobruto
Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel to visit local area sites and girls weekend. Fabulous hotel and very clean/new. Our room was spacious. The bed was comfortable and had two types of pillows to choose from (firm or soft). The breakfast each morning was very good and well attended by staff. A bit more than just cereal/pastry. They also served hot breakfast items and some yummy cinnamon rolls each morning. The pool was nice and somewhat heated. The hot tub was way too hot but, I would rather have that than too cold! We had no problems and staff was friendly. Great location to I-70 and lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely recommend to others and return for another stay myself.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank momof2inva
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Easy to find, extremely clean and quiet (unless you're near the elevators). The staff was very friendly and smiling. The breakfast area was large and nice place to sit for a while later in the day if you just don't want to hang out in your room. Elevators are a bit noisy so I'd suggest avoiding the rooms right next to them if you can, That said, it's not like it was that loud, in fact it's very quiet at nighttime but it might bother a light sleeper. WiFI worked great as well. Higher in price than surrounding hotels but it is a VERY clean hotel and that is the most important thing to me.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the elevators. They have a loud chime type noise when they open and it's...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MDTraveler088
maryland
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family and I needed a place to stay for the night as we were driving across country to the east coast. We couldn't have picked a better place! The hotel was clean, decorated nicely, and the staff was friendly and courteous. We stayed in a regular room with two queen beds. Our room was spacious and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The most unexpected thing was the size of the eating area off the lobby. It was very spacious. This was surprising to me because most hotels that offer a free breakfast have a cramped eating are where you are practically sitting on top of your neighbor. The food was good too. While we didn't use the pool it looked really nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nauset_beach
Adirondacks, NY State
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We have gone to Zanesville many times over the years to see family, and this is by far the best place we've stayed. Many of the hotels are next door to one another atop the hill behind chain restaurants. This is the best in the group. Modern, clean, great pool, very comfortable beds. This is the only choice, if you as me.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family