“Excellent Stay on Hill High Above Downtown Zanesville”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We made a reservation at this property based on TripAdvisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. This new property is lovely, and well run. The check-in experience was efficient and friendly, and room was modern and comfortable. Breakfast was average, and the breakfast attendant was below average compared to what we expect at Holiday Inn Express.

There is an abundance of restaurants nearby.

An excellent lodging choice for anyone visiting this area!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I read good reviews about this hotel and so decided to book it. It's a great place, new, fresh, and clean. I'm very picky about hotels but this one did not disappoint. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2011

very clean and friendly, surprised I didn't get a receipt just because I used some rewards points. I needed a receipt to send for reimbursement from my organization.

Room Tip: No bed bugs!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I have been to a few HI Express properties but none better than the Zanesville motel. Very new and fresh. A spacious lobby with the large breakfast room that overlooks the indoor pool.

It is situated on a hilltop, so you may see it from the road but our (somewhat out-dated) GPS couldn't find it so it had us driving around in circles. Once we got there, check-in was fast and soon we were up in our room which had a view of the road and town below.

All furnishings were very fresh and attractive, including a comfortable chair and ottoman as well as an adjustable desk chair. There was plenty of space for luggage. Comfy mattress and sparkling cleanliness added to the appeal. The wifi in the room worked well.

Fridge and microwave were nice as well as the granite counter in the vanity.
Predictable breakfast was available in the unusually spacious breakfast room.

Hope they can keep up the freshness as it ages. Right now, it's just about flawless.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have a hilltop view of town
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Having stayed at most of the properties over time, it was refreshing to see a new hotel in the area...blows the others away. It is 20% more but at least you not have mold, dampness and smell to deal with. Nice free breakfast in the AM, free wifi and overall felt safe. I would call to see if they can negotiate a lower rate....all they can do is say no.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here en route to DC. We've stayed here previously while passing through and were happy to stay again.
- Affordable room
- Continental breakfast
- Clean, comfortable room
- Surrounded by places to grab some dinner or a late-night snack (Steak 'n Shake)
- RIGHT off the interstate

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was the nicest Holiday Inn that I have seen. Very new (still had the NOW OPEN sign up). Our room was huge and immaculately clean. My son and I used the pool area twice and it was not crowded, the pool was extremely clean for a hotel pool and unusually large. The hot tub was also nice and very large. Gym had good equipment (although I didn't use it :)
Very impressed with the pool attendant who offered my son goggles (although we had our own) and asked if we needed anthing else and thanked us for our stay. These people are trying hard, and I could tell.
We were just passing through and wanted something decent to rest up. I would highly recommend this hotel for a longer stay also.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family