“Best place in town”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Having stayed at most of the properties over time, it was refreshing to see a new hotel in the area...blows the others away. It is 20% more but at least you not have mold, dampness and smell to deal with. Nice free breakfast in the AM, free wifi and overall felt safe. I would call to see if they can negotiate a lower rate....all they can do is say no.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here en route to DC. We've stayed here previously while passing through and were happy to stay again.
- Affordable room
- Continental breakfast
- Clean, comfortable room
- Surrounded by places to grab some dinner or a late-night snack (Steak 'n Shake)
- RIGHT off the interstate

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was the nicest Holiday Inn that I have seen. Very new (still had the NOW OPEN sign up). Our room was huge and immaculately clean. My son and I used the pool area twice and it was not crowded, the pool was extremely clean for a hotel pool and unusually large. The hot tub was also nice and very large. Gym had good equipment (although I didn't use it :)
Very impressed with the pool attendant who offered my son goggles (although we had our own) and asked if we needed anthing else and thanked us for our stay. These people are trying hard, and I could tell.
We were just passing through and wanted something decent to rest up. I would highly recommend this hotel for a longer stay also.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stopped here on a road trip, just to sleep and drive on. It's a typical Holiday Inn Express, but this one is very new and clean. I am a Priority Club member and they nicely upgraded me to a larger room, without me asking. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. 5 stars considering the kind of hotel it is.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Okay, I have to admit that I tend to be skeptical of Holiday Inn's (see review of Huber Heights). However, this Holiday Inn could certainly compete with the more "upscale" hotel chains. It looks, feels, even smells brand new, though it's been open nearly 2 years now. This was one of the cleanliest and friendliest hotels I've ever found. Rooms were nice sized, with comfortable beds and have the triple-sheeted (comforter between two top sheets so that everything stays clean) linens. Pool was very nice and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was also good with plenty of options from the freshly made pancake machine to scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, breads, cereals, etc. My 8-yr old accidentally spilled his Fruit Loops on the floor in front of the breakfast line. As he was starting to clean them up, the attendant came right out with a broom and very kindly told him it was alright and that he would get it. Then showed him where he could wash his hands after touching the floor.

Nearby food options include Tumbleweed, Crackerbarrel, Steak and Shake, and an Oriental buffet. We just wanted delivery to the room, but there weren't many options for that. The front desk steered me away from Chinese delivery saying they had a bad experience with it. The Italian menu they suggested was perfect, though - great food and fast delivery of a full Italian menu.

If I had to ding anything, it would be that the people above us had very heavy footsteps (or were jumping), but you can have that anywhere.

I would definitely stay here again. Wish it had been closer to my end destination (Dayton) and I wouldn't have needed any other hotel.

Room Tip: Would recommend asking for a high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Luv2Trvl2Europe
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed here twice in May 2011 about ten days apart. The hotel is quite new, so new the landscaping had not yet been finished. Front desk: fast, friendly, and efficient. Morning breakfast buffet: the dining room is large, with comfortable seating, and pleasant decor; the selection of food was typical of HIE's we have stayed at, but well prepared and well stocked, with lots of variety; the gentleman attending to the breakfast was friendly and efficient. My wife and I stayed in a King Suite each time. The room was spacious, well appointed, and very comfortable. The mattress was very comfortable and we slept well. Bathroom was large and clean as a whistle. We'll definitely stay here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gpp
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The hotel is high on a hill and conveniently located near several restaurants. There is a nice view of the city if your room is in the front. The hotel lobby is clean and inviting. Rooms were spacious and had a cozy little efficiency center with a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Beds were comfortable. The windows opened so we were able to sleep with fresh air instead of having to turn on the a/c. Lamps were located on the tables instead of being attached on the walls. Rooms were quiet - didn't hear too much noise except one night when kids in the 3rd floor room above us were running around. It was muted and did not last long. The free breakfast was good. Eggs, sausage, muffins, yogurt, juices, etc. They had an automatic pancake maker that made pretty good pancakes. Pool and hot tub were clean and inviting. The room could have used a few potted plants though. The cleaning staff were friendly and always seemed to be working on keeping things clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple