“Great View if Dining Outdoors”

Muddy Misers Cool River Cafe
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Zanesville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cozy, rustic dining with outside seating available in summer. Lunch and dinner specials daily.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great View if Dining Outdoors”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is definitely a hole in the wall, no frills place. Food was good, but they could do a better job sprucing up the place and their plates of food. Very basic in presentation and should be adding salad with their entrees. I'm a foodie and sometimes these place are diamonds in the rough, other times they are just ok. This was just ok. Hopefully they can work on their look and food. It has great potential.

• Visited September 2012

Springfield, IL
“Sit outdoors if weather permits”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ate here twice during a recent trip. First night was warm so we were able to sit outside and enjoy the view of the river. We tried the onion ring appetizer, which was excellent. I had panko crusted walleye, my mother had a blackened cod special. Both were delicious.
Second night we were returning and stopped her for dinner again. I had the crab/shrimp cakes with the Mac N cheese. Enjoyed it very much. Half price bottle of wine added value.

Visited October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice change from the chain restaurants”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Best to come when the weather is pleasant enough for eating outside...it's lovely to eat on the patio overlooking the river.

I especially like the ribs, sweet fries, housemade chips and Iceberg wedge w/ tomato & egg dressing.

The service is usually slow--don't come here if you're in a hurry. Also, I love to order iced tea when I eat out but I don't like the tea here.

Saipan, Mariana Islands
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice location on the river. Food was good, but not great. Onion rings were very good. The crab cakes were average with a slight fishy taste. The steak was more on the well done side, but I ordered medium.

Visited September 2012
Ohio
“Great View, Great Vibe, Terrible Service”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Muddy Misers was recommended to us by a friend who grew up in the area so we wanted to give it a try. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and we really loved the outdoor deck. it had a great view of the river. They were grilling burgers and it smelled wonderful. We ordered the cheese and bologna platter for an appetizer and then ordered the burgers for lunch. After nearly 45 minutes we asked the waitress about the bologna & cheese and she said they were really slammed. We were getting very hungry and I told my husband -- just watch, it is all going to arrive together--sure enough about an hour after we ordered --the appetizer along with our sandwiches all came at the same time. We so wanted to enjoy the atmosphere and munch on the cheese and crackers, drink a beer or two & then have a late lunch. The way everything was handled just spoiled the whole visit. The food was delicious but it was not a pleasant experience.

• Visited July 2012