“Kepp on driving- not a very nice hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Zanesville
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Arlington, Virginia
“Kepp on driving- not a very nice hotel”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

While I got a good deal on my one night stay at this hotel using Priceline.com, it really wasn't worth it and I should have paid more to stay somewhere else. As others have mentioned, the smokey smell of the entire hotel was enough to put me off right away. Granted my actual room did not smell like smoke. The room was an ok size (king size bed), but the bathroom was super tiny. Bathroom was cleaner than average. The service was unremarkable. The 'continental breakfast' was pretty much a joke- you're better off skipping it and going to the Cracker Barrel next door.

The most annoying part about this hotel is actually finding it! There were signs on the main road, but they made no sense, and IMO if you followed the signs, you would end up on the on-ramp for the highway!! It took me several tries to find the hotel, even using a GPS.

Save up your pennies and stay somewhere else, especially if you have an aversion to smoke.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maryland
Reviewed December 4, 2009

The room my family stayed in was horribly small. I could not roll my luggage bag between the beds and the dresser, because the pathway was so narrow. The bathroom (although nice and clean) was so tiny that there was no room for a sink (there is a sink located outside of the bathroom). To close the door of the bathroom you have to wedge yourself between the toilet and the tube. I am very happy we only planned to stay one night at the Baymont as my children would have gone bonkers in the small space.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Zanesville hotels

Middletown, PA
Reviewed November 3, 2009

They had a nice indoor pool and good continental breakfast. The 2 queen beds were much better than the usual double beds. The staff was friendly and helpful. Nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We just stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Zanesville, OH the evening of Friday, August 7th. I picked the hotel based on reviews on this site. Well, we weren't thrilled. Besides the fact that the furniture looked like beat up dorm room stuff and the carpets could have used cleaning, our biggest issue was the stench. We had a non-smoking room, but smoking rooms were right across the hall. It reeked! When I brought this up with the front desk staff and asked why they put smoking rooms right across from non-smoking, there was no apology - just this comment: "I don't know why they did that." Who is "they"? The place looked shabby and the breakfast was pretty bare bones. Skip this property. I can only hope other Baymont properties are nicer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Madison, West Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My husband and I traveled to Zanesville, Ohio for a family reunion and stayed at the Baymont for one night. The hotel is located on the side of a hill. The parking lots are small, one on each side of the hotel. The hotel was very clean, and recently remodeled.

Check-in was fine. Front desk staff was nice and polite. Our room was on second floor. There is no elevator. The indoor pool is spacious and viewable from the front desk through a large window. When we arrived at our room, the door was open, which we considered strange. We decided the cleaning staff must have left the room open.

The room was clean, neat and looked as if it was recently renovated. The beds were very comfortable. The room had a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and an iron and ironing board which I used. There was also a safe in the room.

The only thing we found wrong was there was only one bath towel that I found in a drawer.

There was a complimentary breakfast, but we didn't eat there. There is a Cracker Barrell next to the Baymont where we ate.

The stay was pleasant, but the hotel is a little over priced.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husband and I were on our way back home from my being away for 2 months helping my parents care for my grandfather. I was already sad about having to leave and the long drive home on top of that was something I wasn't looking forward to. We drove until we just had to stop and get some rest. (We first stopped at a Knight's Inn in Columbus, Ohio---NIGHTMARE. I will leave a review about them shortly.)
We found the Baymont Inn and I was very afraid after our little "episode" with Knight's Inn. But my husband went in and got us checked in. I was expecting the absolute worst...but it was amazing! SUPER CLEAN! Bathroom was immaculate! Spotless. Beds were comfortable, room temp was perfect, there was a microwave and a safe for anything you wanted to keep..well...safe....the hotel is also secure as the only way to get in from any door outside is with a room key....the area seemed to be decent and they served a breakfast in the a.m. and if you're a late sleeper theres a Cracker Barrel right next door(we ate there too and its worth missing the hotel's free breakfast! hahaha) Like I said in my other reviews, Im a complainer, I look for something wrong, but I couldnt find anything wrong with this room. If you need a good nites sleep and passing through Zanesville, Ohio...stop at Baymont Inn. You'll be happy you did.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed October 2, 2005

My wife and I just finished a vacation trip, which brings us to Michigan, Ontario and Ohio. Besides a lot of really beautiful accomodations, the Amerihost in Zanesville was a negative exception.

It starts with the most bored frontdesk-host I ever saw - I never had such an unfriendly approach elsewhere.

The room was ok - not more - it was a second floor room with no elevator - being on the road for almost 4 weeks means heavy luggage - therefore this was a problem.

The so called "extended continental breakfast" consists of muffins and donuts - believe me - no one on the "continent" would have such a poor breakfast. But there is Cracker Barrel just besides the spot.

Checking out was the same unfriendly procedure as check-in - with an other frontdesk-host - seems as if they were trained to be so.

For me it is an absolute mystery, that this place has 3 AAA diamonds.

• Stayed September 2005