“I wish I could give it 2.5 stars”

Baymont Inn & Suites Zanesville
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was actually not quite as good as "average". The carpeting in the corridors is in desperate need of cleaning. The beds were OK. The lav was located outside of the bathroom, which was nice, but the bathroom itself was really, REALLY small. The door opened with only inches to spare from hitting the toilet. The breakfast was in a tiny room, and was fairly minimal. The internet service is TERRIBLE, and the poor guy at the front desk was unable to help us - or the other guests lined up behind us with the same problem - at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I didn't remember the name of the hotel so I didn't get the chance to write a review until now!
My family and I made a stop here in December after a long drive from the East Coast.
The hotel is located right on top of a hill, which seemed like a weird area but that's not the point.
It was an alright stay, I'm not sure why its called Baymont Inn & Suites, because when we were there the woman at the front desk told us they didn't have any suites there. Not sure if she meant for that night or what.
Our room seemed a bit out dated, and you could hear the beds creak whenever someone moved.
On a good note, I believe there's a Cracker Barrel right across the street that you can go to for breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were a "walk-in" using a coupon from the welcome rest stop. We were given a king NS room near the front desk and breakfast area, but away from I-70 (the hotel sits on a high hill overlooking the interstate). The room was clean and reasonably quiet. I should include a disclaimer that we use a "white noise" machine to create a background that drowns out any minor noise. When we arose and turned the machine off, we could hear some of the conversations in the breakfast area, but I don't think it would have awakened us. the bed was clean and comfortable, if a little firm for my taste. The bathroom was also clean and all bath linen fresh and clean.
The pool looked inviting and clean but we did not try it.
All in all, it was a good room at a good price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Kind of disappointed in this place. Best thing I can say is the indoor pool area was nice, thought too cool for us.

The hallways and stairways were very warm and humid and smelled slightly of smoke. The hallway floors themselves were uneven and lumpy, and carpet was dirty.

Room had patches all over ceiling. Mattresses were flimsy. Bathroom tiny, and just three towels.

Looked at the breakfast options and wasn't impressed. Went to McD's instead.

As the other poster said, this is a $60 hotel at best. Even then, I would stay somewhere else probably.

• Stayed: July 2013