“Good Business Stop”

Fairfield Inn Zanesville
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I spent one night in this small hotle. It has a great location for travellers and several nearby sit-down restauarnts (Olive Garden, Tumbleweeds, Cracker barrel, etc). It is the only marritoot I've stayed in where the desk followed up with a call to see if the room was okay and if I needed a wake up call. Small pool, no workout room. Free breakfast. So for a bursiness traveller this is a good stop.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed July 27, 2008

Other reviewers have it about right--convenient location near I-70 and several chain restaurants, and less expensive than other nearby choices, but overpriced anyway for what you get. Furnishings are decent but rooms are small, staff is rednecky and not always helpful, the AC is really loud, and on one occasion I smelled smoke in my nonsmoking room, as if someone had been smoking in the hallway and had not been stopped. It is nice to have access to a computer, but it does not always work reliably. Bed was a bit soft for my taste and it had that cheap, loose kind of mattress pad that wrinkles under your body when you turn over in your sleep. Pool is too small for lap swimming but that is to be expected for most hotels. Breakfast is OK. Still, for ninety bucks we could have done better.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2008

This hotel is clean and convenient. It is right off I-70 and is easy to find, despite the hilly streets of Zanesville. The Red Lobster is next door. We are in Zanesville once or twice a year, and generally stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2008

I had to stay in Zanesville one night because I was working at a jobsite nearby. I chose this hotel because it had free wireless internet in the room and the rate was almost 20% cheaper than any of the others nearby.

The lobby and breakfast area were very small but appeared clean. I've had elevators in 50+ story highrises in NYC take less time than the elevator for this 3 story hotel.

I was completely worn out from work and went straight to my room and jumped into my pajamas. I tend to freeze so normally the heat in a room doesn't bother me, but this room was unbearably warm. I turned the heat down to the lowest setting and the lowest fan setting, but the room remained hot the entire night. The heater was also unbelievably loud when it kicked on and off...approximately every 20 minutes. Luckily I am used to wearing ear plugs (due to a snoring husband) and had them with me.

The room was clean. The linens appeared new and the bed was very comfortable. It looked as if the room had been remodeled fairly recently...with the exception of the tub. The rest of the room and bathroom seemed to be remodeled, but the tub had rust around the drain and mildew in the corners of the tub and in other areas of the grout.

If I hadn't been so tired I would have definitely requested another room. Due to the heating issues and cleanliness of the tub I do not believe I would stay at this particular property again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Our stay at the Fairfield Inn in Zanesville, Ohio was not as problem free as we had hoped, but it's nice enough to stay at.

PROS
=====
1. Clean
2. Nice Indoor Pool and Whirlpool (at a temperature that I could stand)
3. Free Breakfast
4. Next door to a great Red Lobster restaurant!

CONS
=====
1. King size room did not have a "Pull-out sofa bed" as advertised on their web site . So we asked for a complimentary "Rollaway bed" 3 times before getting one, after 11pm. One of our kids slept on that, and the other had to sleep with us.
2. The free breakfast ran out of food fast. Bread, muffins, etc were not replenished. The waffle maker batter was not full enough in each cup that was provided. So we had to use 1 and 1/2 cups to get a complete waffle.
3. Supposedly the hotel was renovated in the recent past. I cannot tell by the condition of the room or hotel. It wasn't bad, but it didn't look very new either.
4. We got locked out of our room after returning from breakfast. The key cards were not working. That was fixed fairly quickly by a front-desk staff person.
5. Pool towels were on shelves that were too high for kids to reach.

I really think that the weak point at this establishment is the employees. Although they act nice, they are not very reliable. This was evident when I had to ask 3 times, over a 3 hour period, before getting a rollaway bed. It was also evident with the breakfast attendant, who was not friendly and did not replenish all of the food in a timely manner. And it was evident with the maintenance man, who was all over the place and speaking his mind to other employees in the open, rather than back in the office. I also noticed that most of the employees were outside often. I think that they were smoking, but not sure. I also had this "redneck" feel from the staff, if you know what I mean.

If in the area again, I would probably stay at another hotel, as there are many in the area, and I have stayed at some nicer ones. But I would not rule out staying at this hotel again, as the overall condition and amenities were decent.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2007

Very clean, friendly and nice motel with a very nice breakfast. We stayeed on the front side to avoid railroad noise. Good restaurants abound......

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank hootshaw
Reviewed July 17, 2007

My 2 cousins and I stayed here end of April to attend a local function. We had a first floor room on the back side of the building (right on the track) but didn't hear a thing. Room was clean. No issues. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends