“Satisfying Stay in Zanesvile”

Fairfield Inn Zanesville
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Los Angeles, California
“Satisfying Stay in Zanesvile”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

This is my second time staying a week at this hotel. As was the case the last time, the customer service was exceptional. This time Genova helped me with my questions and needs, and did everything she could to ensure I was happy with my stay, The king-size bed is very comfortable and includes lots of pillows of varying degrees of firmness and softness, which I like. The free breakfast included warm scrambled eggs, pork sausage, biscuits and gravy, among other continental breakfast selections, which helped me start out my day on a full stomach. The room size is adequate for comfort, and the free Wi-Fi is fast enough to stream youtube videos. Clean room, with a little fridge and microwave were nice. Two reasons prevent me from rating this hotel "excellent": 1. The room has a woeful lack of available outlets to charge my devices. Only one of the five lamps in the room had an outlet, which I used for my laptop. I ended up pulling out a nightstand away from the wall, unplugging the lamp, and using that plug for my cellphone. 2.. I like Marriott hotels because of their no-smoking policy, but the designated smoking area for this hotel is right at every entrance (front and side), You can't enter or exit without walking through a smoking area. The majority of the time, it wasn't a problem, but occasionally it gets crowded with smokers. Regardless, I would stay here again if in the area, as long as the staff remains as helpful and friendly as I have found them to be, including the ladies who take care of the breakfast (thanks!)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Paula C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I will make sure to read your comments to the staff today. I am sure it will start there day off right!! I am glad you had a wonderful stay and you will be glad we have been working on the recharge issue with the use of a product called "Cubies". We look forward to your next visit, Sincerely, Paula and The Fairfield Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Staff is very nice. Property is outdated,does not have ample parking and the worst part is the loud trains that pass behind the Hotel. Breakfast was good. Hotel needs a renovation. Close to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room by the train tracks. Get a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about the hotel. We have many updates and changes planned going forward. Just last week we had an electical update done to the entire hotel. Please visit us again and when you are ready to do so I would like you to contact me directly so that I can be of assisitance with your reservation.
Yours in Hospitality,
Paula Cendrowski

Travelers are raving about these Zanesville hotels

Damascus, Syria
Reviewed August 6, 2014

On a recent trip from NYC to Indianapolis, it was getting late so I booked at the Fairfield Inn in Zainsville, Ohio. What a great selection and surpurb hotel stay!!

This is one the "old original style" Marriott Fairfield Inns in which the lobby, breakfast areas are of an old design. It was well maintained for an old Marriott property.

The desk area in my room was in the old design as you needed to find an empty socket under the desk, but the light was great.

The check in process was fast and professional. The Front Desk manager had recommended a great seafood restaurant several blocks from the hotel. See my trip.advisor.com review on the Muddy Miser’s Restaurant!!

The check out as always was a correct bill placed under my door that early morning.

Finally the morning complimentary Breakfast was very, very good in the true Marriott manner!!

I strongly suggest when traveling along Interstate 70 and you are feeling tired stop by Zainsville, Ohio and enjoy a great nights rest and a fantastic dinner nearby!!

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Paula C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, I read what you said to the team and everyone left our morning huddle with smiles on, Visit again soon, we would love to have you stay again. Paula and Team
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Overall, a nice hotel and I would recommend it. The staff was really nice. As a Marriott member there were nice little touches at checkin and in the room. Hotel was really clean and room was too. Conveniently located off I-70. Helpful to have fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tiffin, Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2014

It was clean. The breakfast was excellent. The hallways and breakfast areas are were very stuffy and the aid conditioner didn't seem to cool the room that well either. Way over priced at $159 per night! Staff was friendly. Was not impressed that the curtains did not completely close and that our view was a train track which consistently had traffic throughout our stay. Not the best place to build a motel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a very typical fairfield inn, a nice clean updated facility with a pool and really great breakfast. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. We stayed two nights on a recent trip to the Wilds in Cumberland Ohio and enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Temperance, Michigan
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Being a Marriott Rewards member, I stay at many Marriott Hotels every year. This Fairfield Inn is what In would call "Typical", thats not a bad thing, but a good thing. The facility was clean, comfortable and the staff was efficient and friendly at check in. Again, what I've come to expect from Marriott. Its not a 5-star hotel, but with a corporate rate of $89, you would not expect it to be.

The pool area was clean, and looks to have been recently renovated. Like most Marriott's, the breakfast is complementary, which is a benefit and convenient when your in a hurry.

Overall, a nice hotel and I would recommend it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business