“Smoke anyone?”

Hampton Inn Zanesville
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Lets start with the positives.The staff is friendly and helps as much as possible. The rooms were free of any dust and dirt. The breakfast was good and your typical Hampton value breakfast including the tasty waffles.

Now for the negatives. The rooms and common areas are getting a bit dated. They keep them clean but age eventually takes its toll. My main problem is the SMOKE. When we opened our door we were immediately greeted by the nasty smell of stale smoke as if there had been a frat party here several days ago. We actually looked around for ashtrays thinking somehow we'd gotten a smoking room but the hotel is "smoke free". When I complained to the front desk I was told the hotel was full so I could not be moved. I was however provided with a bottle of Fabreeze which help mask smoke odor enough to get a nights sleep.

Room Tip: Get there early so if your room stinks you can ask for another before all the rooms are occupied.Don...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Donald N,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Zanesville. I'm happy to hear that my staff was friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our tasty waffles. I'm very sorry to hear that your room smelled like smoke. As you know our property is smoke free, but unfortunately some people still smoke inside their rooms. We do our best to neutralize any odors when we discover that this has happened. I apologize that this smell caused you any inconvenience, and that we did not have any other rooms available for you. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Zanesville

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My stay was very good. I am a native of Zanesville, Ohio and always stay at that hotel when I go home. The location is convenient to every place I go during my visit. When my Mother passed away and then later my husband and I stayed at the hotel, the staff could not have been nicer. When my Mother died, they even went to the store and bought a newspaper so I would have a copy of her obituary.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have the privilege to stay here every 2 to 3 weeks during each month... The staff is great... The rooms are always clean and the breakfast is laid out nicely every morning. My wife enjoyed the indoor pool and how nice the staff treated her my previous stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The bed and pillows were awesome. Slept great. It was a 1 night stay, so I didn't HAVE to use the shower and I wouldn't have. The mold in the shower was disgusting. The complimentary breakfast was probably the worst breakfast food I've ever eaten in a hotel. Make believe eggs from a bag that the server dumped in after heating the bag. Some kind of round meat that was like leather. The bananas they provided were all so over ripe they were falling apart when picked up. So, yes I would stay there again if it was for 1 night. No, if I had to stay several nights and have to use their shower and rely on that location for breakfast. It was raining that morning, so I didn't want to drive out for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Zanesville. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Hampton beds! My apologies that the shower had mold in it and that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will be discussing your comments with my housekeeping and breakfast staffs to ensure any deficiencies are corrected. I do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is a very clean place to stay. Their front desk and house keeping staff is extremely friendly. The location was also convenient and there were many great restaurants near by so we always had some place to eat. The breakfast was always hot and everything was filled. My family would definitely recommend the Hampton to any family traveling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

this is a very nice hotel. Staff was very freindly and helpful when we checked in. This Hampton had just upgraded the beds and they were very comfortable. I commented to the front desk on how nice they were. When I'm in this area again, I will stay at this Hampton again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Dirty bathroom on my arrival and then the room was not made up the next day after I left for work at 1pm despite two house keepers already working on my floor. When I told the front desk that my room had not been made up she just told me that I had left too late in the day and house keeping had already left.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Richard B,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Zanesville. I am so sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience with us and I apologize we were not able to meet all of your needs. I am reviewing your comments with the Housekeeping Department to ensure any deficiencies are corrected. I hope that you might offer us another visit in the near future to show you the level of service of which we are capable.