“"presidential suite" per 9 yr. old son”
Review of Motel 6 Youngstown

Motel 6 Youngstown
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Rooms have been recently remodeled and upgraded. New & modern furniture, bath fixtures. Comfortable. Very affordable. Extra tables to set computers/laptops. Large vanity to set out toiletries. Extra outlets for laptops, etc. Light switches within reach of bed...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen S
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Youngstown

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed for a night since we were attending a concert nearby.
The room was surprisingly clean with some modern twist.Space was well utilized.Wall mounted TV and a small table with chairs,towels were rolled and kept on wall shelf.. Basic amenities were there not elaborate but just ideal for a night stay.

This Motel turned out to be a good value

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The new European interior design style is fantastic, which you would pay much more at any other property.
Yes, you need to know that there is no coffee maker or microwave. My husband and I travel about 10 times per year, with and without our dogs, and we RARELY use these things.
At first, we thought we'd be disappointed without those 2 things, but in no way were.
We got coffee at the front desk and we fine!

You will love it!

Room Tip: ask for what you want, they are very service oriented
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I were driving out of state to go to a wedding and needed somewhere to stop that allowed pets (we have 2 dogs). I've never stayed at a Motel 6, but I saw the pictures and the website said this location was renovated. The room was a lot better than expected and the customer service was good. My only concern was that I needed a blow dryer and they didnt have one in the room or in the office. I thought this was strange and the reason we were given was because people steal them. They also did not have shampoo or ice.

Room Tip: Bring your own amenities, blow dryer and ice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It was grat staying there but one thing is missing, which we dont complain bec they beleive in eco-friendly atomsphere. There is no box of tissues which I need to have it. I have a bad sinus.Eventhought it is the time of the year to have it. Otherwise, it was excellent place to stay and very simple. No Hassle !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at this location form 14th to 16 November.

Pros:

1)Service:The lady at the front desk, Autumn ,was very nice and polite.

2)Value: rooms like these for this price!! are you kidding me? Great value for money!

3)Sleep Quality: very good. I did hear a few doors banging shut but then the sound of the heating system shut it all out.

4)Rooms+Cleanliness: very recently very nicely updated. Room and bathroom where extremely neat. amazingly modern furniture and wall mounted flat screen TV. the wash area looked like it was plucked out of a 5 star hotel!

5)Location: contrary to what a few reviews said,it's not in the middle of nowhere. there are many shops and outlets nearby. there is even a Chinese joint in the same compound

6) fresh coffee in the front desk at 5 am.

7)250$ cleaning fee for smoking in a non-smoking room! Boy do I hate walking into a room with a smoke stench!

Cons

1) the room did not have iron-box+table -Autumn told me that it was because people kept borrowing it and never returned them.

Conclusion: It is what it is.A very well maintained,well-designed (5-star) budget motel in a good location.
I would definitely recommend it for all types of travelers... (oh by the way they even welcome pets!!)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank aj912
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at motel 6 youngstown for 2 days. They have amazing rooms, spacious,loaded with flat screen tv's, coffee tables, wooden flooring. The best part was the front desk staff, especially Mr. Robert who was really helpful in providing necessary info I needed. The chinese restaurant located in the same property is rated one of the top 100 in the country. The only reason I am not giving a 5 star is bcoz of the lack of iron box in the room. Would definitely come back and highly recommend to any friends going to youngstown.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo