“Don't forget a toothbrush!”
Review of Motel 6 Youngstown

Motel 6 Youngstown
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Youngstown
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Don't forget a toothbrush!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I were both impressed at how stylish and clean this Motel 6 was! It was a wonderful value (much better value than the Super 8 across the street according to all the reviews). If you have a room reserved and will be late, make sure to call ahead of time to let them know not to give away, just to be on the safe side. Check-in was easy and the staff was friendly. No complaints.
Recommendations to guests: DOUBLE CHECK to make sure you have all the toiletries you need (shampoo, toothbrush, razor, etc.) They don't have these at the front desk. I left my toothbrush at home and since it was so late at night, I was forced to use my boyfriend's that night :-P

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 7, 2012

For the value and convenience I would have rated 5 out of 5. Everything is simple, modern and stylish. Great location right off the interstate. First impression was fantastic. Staff was very accommodating. There were however a few things I felt they could have improved on. The towels are very cheap, not very fluffy or absorbent. Then again it is a Motel 6. When I first entered the room I immediately thought, WOW this is clean. But after walking around barefoot on the fake hardwood floors, the bottoms of my feet were filthy and we discovered a few sticky spots where it felt like someone had spilled pop and the floor wasn't cleaned.

My suggestion to the very friendly manager is to ditch the sniffer mops I saw on the housekeeping carts and get some 18" dust mops with washable microfiber pads. It iis what hospitals use to clean their floors and it's what I use to clean my floors at home. Just a little warm water rung out with a light scented bona cleaner and the floors could be done in 2 minutes or less per room. And they would be spotless for every guest.

Room Tip: Pets are usually accommodated on the first floor. So if you have pet allergies like my family does...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed July 1, 2012

As you have read this motel is remodeled. Here is my view. The really GOOD stuff. Remodeled, nice fixtures, (My most important part), good bed, (not too soft, not too hard), Nice pillow, and the help are all so friendly THANKS JEN!!!, very clean, location right off the highway pleanty of places for gas and food. The stuff that was DIFFERENT. No carpet on the floor. Not sure if I liked the hard floor. No pictures on the wall. Always thought who cares but it echos in the rooms. no furniture, I never used but there is no place but the floor to put anything down. The BAD. Not much just make sure you bring your own shampoo. The area is a little depressed but I felt safe. Towels were typical cheap cheap towels you find at this level but they were very clean. No fridge, microwave, or breakfast so you have to go somewhere if you want anything. FINAL THOUGHTS- If you want a very clean place to put your head when your on a very tight budget this is it.

1 Thank Kev521
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Check-in clerk was very pleasant. I did have a problem getting my senior discount even though the Motel 6 website indicated that it would be applied at check-in. Sleeping room and bath were very clean. Rooms appeared to be recently refurbished. Room lighting was excellent. Bathroom had a granite counter top and a raised contemporary designed sink. The floor in both rooms was covered with vinyl laminate instead of carpet and was somewhat dirty on bare feet. Rooms are very Spartan: Furniture consisted of the beds (comfortable), a small table w/built in corner bench, a separate steel cafeteria type chair, new flat TV and a new AC unit. However, there was no clock, no hair dryer, no amenities, no Kleenex, no coffee maker, no refrigerator, no microwave, and no breakfast (coffee was available in the office in the morning). Bath towels were quite thin. There is a Chinese restaurant within walking distance and additional restaurants a short drive away.

1 Thank XX_On_The_Go_11
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I'm sure all of their employees are fantastic, but Jennifer and Robert were great. I checked in and decided at the last minute that I wanted a room on the ground floor. Jennifer gave me one. Then later on, I called the front desk to tell them that their wi-fi signal was too weak, so three minutes later, they delivered an ethernet cable to my room.

The renovated rooms are fairly new - a little on the sterile side - but also trendy and designed with an early 60s theme in mind. They're fun and unique.

But honestly, no motel comes close to this particular Motel 6 in terms of friendliness, cleanliness, low price, and accommodating and flexible staff. Don't bother with any other motel. It's not worth it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Alexa K
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I booked this hotel for a quick overnight stay after a long day of driving. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was quiet and comfortable. It was a good value for the money on a Saturday night and generally exceeded expectations for something at this price point. I have read the reviews on TripAdvisor and I believe it lived up to them.

1 Thank Becky R
Manchester, MA
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had the chance to stop for the night in the middle of a trip from upstate NY to Indianapolis via New Jersey. We picked the Motel 6 because of recent renovations, and were very, very pleased. The renovations are clean, not-fancy, a bit modern-retro. The room was well kept and comfortable, and the highway noise was very low (and our room faced the highway). Loads of ice available, but a distance away, at the back of the next building--and if that's the only negative (and it's barely a negative)--then we had a great stay. Dinner was right across the street and the local ice cream experts are right next door. For the price--$65 including tax, this was one of the best hotel values I've had.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business