“not the best places”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Reviewed September 23, 2010

wasn't so neat , no so cheap, small bathrooms. great parking!!!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed in this hotel while traveling with our 70-lb dog. This limits our choices a lot when on a road trip. So I'm grateful in general how pet-friendly Best Western hotels are but this one was pretty dumpy. I assume all pet rooms are in the same hallway, we saw a zillion dogs. Down the hall a pair of yappy dogs were left alone in the room and barked incessantly until 10:30 pm. Kept our kids awake thanks to paper thin walls.

Hallway just reeked of smoke, the rooms themselves smelled of cheap cleaner. Bed was comfy, pillows not too bad. Very little green space for walking a dog. Breakfast was low quality and the room it was served in was tiny and boiling hot. We planned to leave early the next morning anyway for a road trip and I just couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LeisureTraveler42
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I normally stay at the hampton next door but they were booked..thought Id try the BW...fairly average room ..nice and clean...great bed..really hot water...only complaint was walls were a little thin, could here a dog barking ? in next room...besides that everything was good...gentleman working the desk around 100 am when I checked in was very helpful and pleasant...price was around $90.00...I would prob stay her next time in area due to the hospitality of the people...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2009

My one night stay was on November 6, 2009. The rate was $60 plus tax. I stayed at this hotel because it was $30 per night cheaper than the Hampton Inn next door.

This hotel is on a downward slide. Maintenance is clearly not a priority. The security system for outside doors was not working. In the room, the wash basin didn't drain properly and the shower control was not working properly.

The front desk had a very casual attitude and was not well trained. After dinner when I returned to my room, I found the message light flashing on the telephone. There were no directions on the phone or elsewhere on how to retrieve telephone messages so I called the front desk. The clerk said they had an automated telephone message service but she didn't know the number to access the system. She suggested I try some numbers. I did but I couldn't access the system. I called the front desk again. She said she would have to call someone to find the message system access number. She called back about five minutes later with the number. In case you stay at the hotel, the number is 500.

When I went to the front dest to check out, the clerk was sitting in the lobby watching TV. She asked if I had received a bill under my door. I said I had but I wanted to check out and have a receipt with a zero balance. She said she didn't do that. All rooms are checked out at the same time and the credit cards are billed at that time. This was a first for me. I always get a statement with a zero balance on checking out.

The room was large with a king sized bed and a sofa bed. The free Wi-Fi worked well. The location is convenient and there are numerous restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The rooms were good. Large and clean. Bathroom was tiny but shower had great water pressure. We had travelled all day so we decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel. What a mistake. Food was edible not nothing to get excited about. Place was just about empty and the service was still slow.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
BWMeanderInn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we get. I am so sorry that the experience at the restaurant was better. I just wanted to let you know that the restaurant as changed. It is now Saadey's Place. They are under different management.

Thank you again for your review!
Amanda Evans,
Sales Manger,
Best Western Meander Inn

Reviewed December 29, 2008

Hotel is easy to find and has a starbucks across the street. The hotel also has in-room coffee and a continental breakfast. The hotel felt safe and was quiet. My only complaint about this room was the cleanliness of the towels and linens - the towels had stains and hair stuck to them, and the bedsheets also had hair stuck to them. They looked like they had been washed but that their washing machines did not have enough power to adequately clean everything.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mmnelson_2
Reviewed July 20, 2008

We stayed here while enroute to our vacation. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool was very clean, and we had it to ourselves for a while! The restaurant was outstanding! There were 3 adults and 2 kids, and all loved their food. Right off the interstate and easy to get to. Great value!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family