“A great value”

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Ohio
“A great value”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel provided a comfy, clean room at a great price, especially compared to most of the numerous nearby hotels. The hotel was full with kids coming in for various sport competitions, but there was no bothersome noise coming from the rooms in my vicinity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

What was great about here is they allow pets. There was also a couch in the room. The room was very clean and comfortable. I think I paid $80 a night, which is the same for the econo lodge across the street and it is much better than that place. It's convenient, right off the highway.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

When travelling with my cat, I'm a bit less concerned with where I stay, but more concerned for her comfort and that she is welcome.

I was given a room near the side door which gave easy access. The staff who happened to encounter her on the way in/out were quite welcoming.

I will admit the room itself is nothing special, but it was large, clean and provided a good night's sleep. My cat really liked the large window sill where she could sit and watch the world outside.

There's a restaurant onsite where I stopped on their very nice patio and had a beer, only to discover after the fact that the best before date was four months previous.

Check in and out was easy and efficient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Eynon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here in August of 2012. Worst experience in my life regarding customer service and cleanliness. The place wreaked of filth. I was given a first floor room when I booked on the internet. I notified the manager regarding my complaints, hotel owner, and Best Western Corp in Arizona separately by correspondence. it took me months to hear from Arizona...I never heard from the manager or owner. The resolution from Corporate was a $25.00 gift certificate for a future visit at any Best Western. While I probably should not judge all others by Meander, I will, I never stayed at a Best Western before this trip, and never will again. Not enough room here for all details but suffice it to say that it is healthier to stay away from this one. My white socks will never be the same color.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travelers are raving about these Youngstown hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I`ve stayed in many best westerns before, this location is not up to par.

Location: Near the interstate. Sketchy location, not a good place to go out after the sun goes down.

Lobby, dated and needs to be updated.

Rooms, motel quality. Rusty bathtub, dirty floor, didnt want to take my shoes off. Rooms smelled like smoke. Old tv and heating unit.

Parking Free

Continental breakfast is basic but that is expected.

Staff: Friendly and helpful

Overpriced for what we received.

Best Western needs to do an internal review on this location and either bring it up to par or shut it down. This is by no means close to the standard I would expect from Best Western.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Robbinsville, New Jersey
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had an exeptional visit. When my parking spot was next to a snow covered sidewalk Mark who works at the front desk volunteered to shovel it clean for me. In my room both the shower curtain and washclothe were artfully folded. The bartender/waitress in the restaurant gave me perfectly timed service. Seeing three departments excel suggests that management encourages the staff to provide good service. I will use again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have stayed at the Meander Inn many times as it is the halfway point of our journey back East from our home in the Midwest and have been very satisfied to the point that we have referred the Inn to our friends. The room has always been clean and the rates very reasonable. The main attraction has always been the restaurant located on the premises. This time however, the restaurant was roudy, very cold and our food not prepared to our liking. (we were served lobster that was not cooked properly). we waited over one hour for our meals after ordering and we were told that they were out of sour cream after our baked potatoes were served,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family