“Nice hotel”

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed in hotel in september ..very clean good rates.excellent in hotel restruant

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Older property that has seen better days. Though clean, reeked of cigarettes from when smoking was probably allowed in every room. Staff personable, good breakfast for a BW. Can't beat its location if using it to break up an Interstate haul.

Room Tip: Reserve ahead as popular stopover for travelers, workers.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2011

After driving a little longer than I should have we stopped at the meander inn around 1am am found a room, expensive, 100$, but it is the first stop off the turnpike. After getting in the room, I noticed a large clump of hair on the pilliow. I then pulled the sheets back only to find 5-6 more hairs of varying types, upon inspecting the second bed, even more. I phoned the desk to tell the methed out looking guy running the desk and he told me to come grab keys to another room and inspect it. Long story short, same thing, both beds, even worse. Im not being picky here there were at least a dozen long to short hair in each bed. I went back to the desk and he offered to personally take me to the next available room. When we got to the third room, bam same thing, numerous hairs in every bed. Aftter seeing this, he basically said take it or leave it and didnt seem to think it was a big deal. He told me to contact the manager in the morning and she could discount the room.At this time I was far too tired to keep driving and decided to just crash in our sleeping bags on top of the sheets. In the morning the manager said that the meth addict desk attendant from the night before said that I had 1 hair in my bed and that I should have left if I didnt like it, NO discount. As I left there were a few more people not happy with this unclean, unfriendly hole. Also its located a stones throw from a seedy strip joint. I contacted Best Western customer relations and basically got a half baked apology. No resolution. Basically, this place doesn't wash their sheets! Nasty nasty nasty.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeabeePhil

Travelers are raving about these Youngstown hotels

Brownsville, Vermont
Reviewed August 7, 2011

A girlfriend and I booked this hotel room for one night, on our way back to NY from a pet rescue in the Chicago area. We were lucky enough to reserve the last pet-friendly room. I have stayed at Best Westerns before because they are pet friendly. Our room was spotlessly clean, the beds were comfortable, and the continental breakfast was great. Although there were lots of dogs there that evening, we never heard barking. There is an outdoor pool which we did not get to use, but it was very clean and it looked very inviting. There is also a basketball court, volleyball court, and a large area to walk your dog. The hotel staff were fantastic. I would definitely stay here again if I were ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I will stay at this hotel every time I come to Warren Ohio. The rooms are clean and nice. The carpet is new and there is a flat screen TV in the room. Beds are great.They have rooms that people can stay in with there animals and they are just as nice as the other rooms. The staff was very nice. We had a family get togther at the hotel and we ask for a room that we could all gather together to visit. They gave us a conference room at no charge. Great place. We stay 2 nights and both nights the hotel was full. Close to restuarants and interstate I-81. There was a fridge and a mirowave in our room

Room Tip: ground floor are great
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank GOODLOOKING63
Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We booked this hotel to be near a family reunion and the Warren Mall. The room was clean, the outside pool was nice and the staff person was friendly. I did see a basketball court and a large area to walk your pets. I am not a dog lover and didn't even think to check if they allowed pets. Woke up at 7 am to a yelping mutt in the hallway. Other than the wake up call, the hotel was nice. The other reviewes are correct... the breakfast has a lot of options to pick from.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here for an overnight stop on our move and it met our basic needs. It was a little older but the rooms were nice and breakfast was great. The main reason I'm rating is average is we were put in the room closest to the front desk and all morning we could hear the front desk staff chatting loudly, vacuums, etc. so ti didn't make for a quiet stay once 7:30 a.m. rolled around.

Room Tip: Don't have pets along
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family