WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Youngstown
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Nice Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

very nice ,great staff gave us milk for babies,put us on top floor so kids could run around without distubing any one,hand little problem with one thing but ,staff made it rite gave us back half of our money!breakfast was very good would stay again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
North Augusta, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay at this hotel often and am part of their Concierge level with Club Carlson. I never have any complaints until now. I think I will look into one of the other multiple hotels available at this exit from this point on. Maybe I will consider leaving this chain all together. The staff is always friendly and always grateful. It has undergone new management recently and you can tell the decline in staff that has taken place. The previous general manager was very friendly and outgoing and was a true ambassador within this company. The new one, though I have not had many opportunities at this time to speak with him seems extremely brash and not very hospitable. I have seen him in passing at the desk over seeing the the staff but he lacks a smile and a warm genuine interest in people. I have also seen him on multiple occasions outside smoking. I feel that is an extreme lack in professionalism for the guests to see a general manager smoking at a smoke free hotel, that is an issue that needs addressed. The rooms at this hotel need updated, they are looking and smelling old. I have always loved this chain for their rewards program. I have experienced problems prior but that staff always resolved them quickly. Where are all the decorations I am used to seeing, they make the holiday seasons better when it is decorated and inviting. There are none this year so far :(

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Youngstown West, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Good feedback is always appreciated both positive and negative.
The front line staff is 100% in tact and doing the wonderful job that they have done including the previous General Manager who continues to foster wonderful relationships in the best spirit of hospitality.
Guest Rooms at the property are in the process of being updated to the best the area has to offer and will continue to be improved long after.
The spirit of the season showed up, perhaps a day or two late apparently, but the fireplace in the lobby is lit and the seasonal decorations have been placed and are very welcoming.

Personally, being new to any position for anyone can be demanding but the points are appreciated and well taken and thanks.

I welcome anyone to experience the Country Inn and Suites Youngstown and offer a commitment to one hundred percent satisfaction.

Travelers are raving about these Youngstown hotels

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I spent a night at this hotel, the location was easy to find had no issues with my room, i had a billing issue the next day, when i asked to speak to a manager the girl at the front desk was very rude and i could hear a female voice in the back room who was clearly the manager saying she had no time to deal with me. The only issue i have with this place seems to be the management
and there lack of caring to deal with customers and a few simple questions. Aside from the the hotel was fine , clean room, kind staff for the most part. But i'd get rid of management or send them to courtesy school.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Youngstown West, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for the input on your recent stay with us. I personally apologize and feel badly for the poor feeling of service you were left with. Our goals will always be far above and beyond that which you felt and we will continue to work torwards that goal of providing excellent guest care. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this further.

On a good note, I am somewhat new to this hotel, but not the business, and will be attending courtesy school within a short time as part of my training.

Hope to see you in the future of your travel.
Canton, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived about 9:30 on Friday 9/28. We were met by the friendly young man behind the desk, that gave us all the pool and breakfast info. He also linked my Club Carlson rewards for me too during check in. Our room was nice and clean with plenty of towels. The next morning was a bit of a snag, as the fire alarm was inadvertently set off by a wedding party steaming the wedding gown. It happened about 8am, and we were already up and in the breakfast area, but still had to evacuate for safety purposes until the fire department came to discharge the alarm. While the bride and party laughed about it and took pictures with the fire engine, it was clear that many of the guests didn't see the humor in being evacuated. When we came back in for breakfast, the server worked very hard keeping up, and was doing a great job considering EVERYONE was now up and having breakfast. We go out of our way to stay at Counter Inn and suites for their great rooms and service. As far as the negative reviews.... there are customers you can afford not to have! Keep up the good work Youngstown.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Youngstown West, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
This type of recognition makes it all worth while for us that work in the hospitality industry.
Thank you so much for noticing. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. We look forward to serving your needs in travel the next time your in the area.
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I started staying here as an overnight stopover from NY to Chicago. We've probably been here 20+ times. We love the atmosphere, staff, cleaniness, food and coffee. We sometimes go there just get out of the city, or as a pleasant detour from Cincy to NY, and just relax for a few days.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Youngstown West, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are all delighted that you have chosen to stay with us time and time again. Making our place your place away from home is what we strive for. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

See you next time!
Wadsworth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stopped here on our way from Chicago to Maryland. We has a very good nights sleep and a ice breakfast. The hotel is a short walk from Quaker Steak and Lube and a few other choices for dinner. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Mike W
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Youngstown West, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
We are all pleased that you chose us and enjoyed your stay while traveling. Our location is great for those traveling on business or personal trips. Conveniently located with alot of dining choices in the area.
We look forward to serving your needs in the future and thanks for the kind words.
lilly pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel every 3 months for the past 3 years. The past 2 times I have noticed a decline in the attitude of the hotel staff. They used to be very friendly and helpful. now they barely speak to you. also this last stay there were hairs in the bathroom sink and tube. I will going to the Hotel across the street next time around

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RebeccaBowser, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Youngstown West, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for choosing our property for your travels until recently. I wanted to personally apologize for the staff and to assure you I will address them and make sure they are tuned in at all times and providing the best customer service possible. We did endure a very busy summer and we welcome each and every guest and want everyone to feel valued as a guest at our location. If you would like to discuss any further please feel free to contact me at any time.

Rebecca Bowser