“Wedgewood Pizza Boardman Location”

Wedgewood Fernando's Pizza
Ranked #12 of 413 Restaurants in Youngstown
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In 1967, Pasquate “Patsy” Acconcia operated a pizza shop in Youngstown. When he decided to make the move to the present Austintown location he took on a partner, Fernando Riccioni. For the next 20 years Fernando and Patsy worked daily to develop the recipes they are still using today.The dough process begins every morning at 6:00 a.m. and continues through the late morning and early afternoon. Our pizzas are made to order fresh daily with a variety of unique toppings along with our special recipe sauce and our homemade sausage.We don’t do anything fancy…we just do PIZZA! With more than 46 years of experience, we know we can make a pizza to please you!The same tradition is carried on today with Fernando still leading the way with the help of his daughters, Adelina and Filomena. Also, joining the Wedgewood experience are Fernando’s son-in-law, Mike, his grandson Michael, granddaughters Jenna and Gabriella, and his nephew, Rick.
Youngstown
“Wedgewood Pizza Boardman Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Wedgewood Pizza has branched out and has another pizza place in Boardman, Ohio. It’s been there for several years and I have eaten there several times and decided to check in and critique the famous pizza.

Ordering was standard fare, call your order in, (16 inch pizza with a topping of chicken on half the pizza) and was told 20 minutes and was given a pickup number.

In 20 minutes I pulled in, and you can see by my picture of the store front that it was raining. My pizza was ready and the cashier said that the pizza would be $13.50 total.

Now, the menu states that a large pizza is $10.50 plain. Chicken as a topping was $3 dollars. I assumed that since I only asked for chicken on half the pie that the topping charge would be $1.50 but I was wrong. (Other pizza joints only charge half when you only want the topping on half. Not Boardman Wedgewood.) I paid the $13.50 and left.

The pizza tasted great. Thick crust, nice sauce, cheese, and the chicken was well cooked. The pizza box was strong which is an important factor for take out pizza. All in all a perfect five rating, except for the over charge for the topping.

• Visited October 2012

SoDak
“Yummy in Youngstown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Based on the fact that I prefer thin crust pizza, as well as the atmosphere and staff being terrible, I was mentally prepared to not enjoy the pizza from Wedgewood. However, the pizza I had was definitely in the top few pizzas I've ever eaten. The toppings were generous, the amount of sauce was perfect, as was the taste. The crust was seasoned and baked perfectly. From the woman who took my phone order to the gentleman at the counter who boxed my pizza, the staff I encountered were the most surly, unfriendly bunch I've dealt with; even the guys who didn't help me directly seemed unfriendly in their dealings with other customers that I observed. It seems to be a bare-bones place, not service-oriented, but the pizza was fantastic.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ATSgrl
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
“Favorite pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I absolutely LOVE their white pizza with banana peppers or spinach. Great pizza at a great price! Wedgewood is my favorite!

“Fantastic sauce”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Wedgewood pizza is the top dog in one of the top pizza cities in the United States: Youngstown, Ohio. It's not Chicago style, it's not New York style, it's Youngstown style. The crust is thin but not too thin. The sauce is delicious, there is a large variety of toppings, and the pizza is not greasy. It's a great place to eat.

Pittsburgh, PA
“Deeeelicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I knew the pizza would be good when I barely found a parking spot! You call ahead your order, get your number, then go in and sit and wait for your number to be called. Very efficient. I got the "special everything" pizza and it was amazing! Best pizza I have had in a long time. This place only serves pizza and does not take credit or debit. They really know their stuff here. Will definitely be back for more! There are tables to sit and soda and beer available, but no waitress service.

• Visited November 2012