“Try it you might like it!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Monteen's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #246 of 418 Restaurants in Youngstown
Cuisines: American
McDonald, Ohio
“Try it you might like it!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

we had a very good meal today at Monteens . We were served in a timely manner and the waitress and management asked us several times if everything was okay. I ordered the
fried catfish, diirty rice and collard greens, everything was fresh, hot and tasty. My spouse ordered the ham, mac cheese and greens, oh we also enjoyed the cornmeal muffins that come with the meals. This definitely satisfied our taste for southern cruisine.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank evie j

Atlanta, Georgia
“Better Than Charlie Staples”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My husband and I visited Monteens 2 weeks ago. The server was friendly. I hope they continue to improve and not decline the way Charlie Staples has. The decor was acceptable and the food was good. I had catfish and my husband ordered cod. The mac n cheese was good. They don't put much seasoning in their food but it was okay. I preferred the atmosphere here above C.Staples. I will certainly return to try out another dish. I have no complaints with Monteens. I have been looking for a local soul food establishment that would carry themselves in a professional manner. Monteen's is worth a second try. I would love to patronize a local restaurant over a "chain". I had given up on soulfood restaurants because C.Staples was the only one available. He is horrible to his employees and the food is overpriced. No thanks.
Monteens offers that soulfood flair, friendly customer service, good food at reasonable pricing and a better selection. They are certainly worth trying. My only suggestion for development would be to step up the professionalism in the place. But I definitely had an enjoyable visit. Good Job Monteen's. Stay consistent and don't slack off on the professionalism. You will be running the city in 6 months if you do!

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Gandeez
ohio
“Great Southern cuisine!”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Monteen's specializes in Southern cuisine, such as gumbo, jambalaya, and fried chicken. We loved our seafood dishes, and we'll be back for more!

• Visited November 2011