“Thank you” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Youngstown
San Francisco, United States
“Thank you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

My stay was excellent, and I would repeat the visit. The hot breakfast was unbelievable. Both Denise and Torey welcomed me at that early hour of the morning and guided me through the lovely choices. It was a wonderful stay and a real surprise of a visit, which I would repeat and recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oregonia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very nice hotel with the standard Hampton Inn accommodations. The staff are pleasant and helpful. Our kids enjoyed the clean and well kept pool after our day's travel. We also walked to and had a very enjoyable Italian dinner near the Hampton Inn.

Youngstown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband I looked at multiple hotels in the Youngstown vicinity for our wedding guests. I was very pleasantly surprised when we visited the Hampton Inn Youngstown-North. It was very clean, the staff was friendly, and it was conveniently located. Their group coordinator, Megan, was especially helpful and accommodating to us.

Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a medical emergency where my son's medication "pen" had failed. The manufacturer was kind enough to send another, but it had to be sent overnight to the hotel when we would not be there until that evening. I spoke with the front desk personnel and explained the matter to her. I wanted to make sure that the information had been passed to the morning associate so called again. I felt immediate relief when she informed me that the note was there and they would certainly sign for it. Imagine my relief when we got there and the package had been also been refrigerated as stated on the package. Hotel was very nice and very clean. The rooms were very comfortable.

Room Tip: We prefer king rooms which afford more living space.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wendell, NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

The rooms are clean and smelled clean. the no smoking policy throughout the hotel contributed to the clean smell. This is a huge plus. All the staff is respectful and friendly. This was a wonderful experience. I will positively stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

West Warwick, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Youngstown, North while visiting family and friends in the area. It was Clean, Comfortable and in a safe and convenient location. Great ice cream just across the street.I would recommend the location and I would recommend the Hampton Inn.

South Lyon, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is one of the lower-end Hamptons. It was rated high for the area -- which says more about the area than the hotel. There's nothing especially wrong with the building although there was virtually no water pressure during our stay. Staff told us it was the fault of the local municipality. Even with that, we should have found out BEFORE we turned on the shower.

Breakfast service was very poor. Dealing with a girls soccer team and parents certainly would stress any staff but this one didn't even come close to measuring up. Did they not anticipate a breakfast rush when they booked the rooms? Probably not.

The room was clean. The staff was nice. Friendly enough. But not competent enough. I'll stay there again if I must but only because it is conveniently located. (The friends I was visiting live four miles away.)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
glarney, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown North, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues you experienced with the pressure of the water, the city had been changing over pipes and have completed there work and everything is up and running much better. We’re very sorry that your breakfast experience did not live up to expectation and we will work with our dining staff to be more organized in order to better serve future guests. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and the cleanliness of our rooms. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Gina Larney