“First stay at Hampton” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Youngstown
A TripAdvisor Member
“First stay at Hampton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hampton. My room was very clean and compfortable. Even the cleaning staff left a hand written note welcoming me to my room. The breakfast was very nice as well. Very happy that it wasnt just donuts! I had a nice meal to start my day. The most impressive part of my stay was the complimentary fresh coffee! I stay at hotels all over the world and have never seen one with complimentary fresh coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
painesville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

With Hampton Inn...you always know what you are going to get...clean room/bathroom, good breakfast, pool for the kids, and a quiet hotel. Our family only stays at Hamptons because they're affordable and reliable wherever you stay around the country. They always have coffee/tea when you walk into the lobby and fruit on hand for the kids. I never have to wonder if this hotel is going to be family friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here a couple years ago to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday. I called in the afternoon and asked if I could check in early because I wanted to set up. They told me it wasn't a problem. I met a wonderful woman behind the desk and explained it was my boyfriend's birthday and I wanted to decorate it with balloons and whole 9. As I'm holding all the decorations she goes "oh honey you can't do that". My face hit the floor, she then laughed and told me she was playing and told me "Just don't tape anything to the walls!" I blew up balloons, hung up a banner and had rose petals scattered all over the place. I came back around 7pm, after cooking him dinner, and was greeted by the same woman. She goes "Oh you must be the one with a birthday!" Another desk attendant began explaining breakfast times, when the pool opens etc. She cut him off saying "do you really think he is gonna be eating breakfast OR going swimming? It's his birthday dear!" I couldn't help but laugh.
The hotel itself is one of the newer ones in the area, I live here so trust me I know, and it's probably the best one! The beds are comfortable, the desk staff is nothing short of fun and entertaining. I booked a room with a hot-tub, there were mirrors lining it (very sexy) and it actually accommodated 2 people! The room was very spacious I might add. The shower was very roomy and the changeable water options were lovely! There is a Denny's down the street and a few other restaurants nearby. If you're not from the area, try Handels! It's the best ice cream you'll ever have and right up the street!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Weston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stay here annually when visiting family. Clean hotel, friendly staff, decent breakfast. Poor mattress, no refrigerator. Nicest hotel on north side of Youngstown. Across from Handel's Ice Cream (best in US).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Lewiston, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am in Youngstown quite often visiting family and due to a graduation party being held in Liberty I chose this hotel. I normally stay in Boardman and was very surprised at how well maintained this property is kept. I arrived around Noon and the desk staff was very kind to allow me to check in early. The rooms are very clean and the cleaning staff on the floor were caring enough to ask if everything was ok. Having stayed in many of the hotels in the area, this was one of the best. Actually it is the only decent property on the North Side.The complimentary breakfast is quite adequate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Berea, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

There aren't many high end hotels in the Youngstown Area, so this Hampton Inn was what we chose when coming in for a wedding. We were delightfully surprised by the interior in the lobby. Everything else was clean and more than adequate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Bowie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hampton Inn North/Youngstown is an awesome hotel. The rooms are neat, quiet and clean. The staff is extremely friendly and efficient. The "continental" breakfast is actually a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, etc. I will always stay at this particular hotel whenever I return to my hometown to visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple