“Pleasant surprise!”

Hampton Inn Youngstown North
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here a couple years ago to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday. I called in the afternoon and asked if I could check in early because I wanted to set up. They told me it wasn't a problem. I met a wonderful woman behind the desk and explained it was my boyfriend's birthday and I wanted to decorate it with balloons and whole 9. As I'm holding all the decorations she goes "oh honey you can't do that". My face hit the floor, she then laughed and told me she was playing and told me "Just don't tape anything to the walls!" I blew up balloons, hung up a banner and had rose petals scattered all over the place. I came back around 7pm, after cooking him dinner, and was greeted by the same woman. She goes "Oh you must be the one with a birthday!" Another desk attendant began explaining breakfast times, when the pool opens etc. She cut him off saying "do you really think he is gonna be eating breakfast OR going swimming? It's his birthday dear!" I couldn't help but laugh.
The hotel itself is one of the newer ones in the area, I live here so trust me I know, and it's probably the best one! The beds are comfortable, the desk staff is nothing short of fun and entertaining. I booked a room with a hot-tub, there were mirrors lining it (very sexy) and it actually accommodated 2 people! The room was very spacious I might add. The shower was very roomy and the changeable water options were lovely! There is a Denny's down the street and a few other restaurants nearby. If you're not from the area, try Handels! It's the best ice cream you'll ever have and right up the street!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stay here annually when visiting family. Clean hotel, friendly staff, decent breakfast. Poor mattress, no refrigerator. Nicest hotel on north side of Youngstown. Across from Handel's Ice Cream (best in US).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am in Youngstown quite often visiting family and due to a graduation party being held in Liberty I chose this hotel. I normally stay in Boardman and was very surprised at how well maintained this property is kept. I arrived around Noon and the desk staff was very kind to allow me to check in early. The rooms are very clean and the cleaning staff on the floor were caring enough to ask if everything was ok. Having stayed in many of the hotels in the area, this was one of the best. Actually it is the only decent property on the North Side.The complimentary breakfast is quite adequate.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

There aren't many high end hotels in the Youngstown Area, so this Hampton Inn was what we chose when coming in for a wedding. We were delightfully surprised by the interior in the lobby. Everything else was clean and more than adequate.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hampton Inn North/Youngstown is an awesome hotel. The rooms are neat, quiet and clean. The staff is extremely friendly and efficient. The "continental" breakfast is actually a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, etc. I will always stay at this particular hotel whenever I return to my hometown to visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel staff was extraordinary during our stay. They all want way above and beyond the call of duty for all the guests in our (wedding) group. They are models for how to represent the hampton/hilton brand.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Carpets were so dirty, I threw my socks away after the stay. I stayed at this hotel last year and had the same problem. After complaining last year about the issue, the hotel promised this would never happen again. I tried the hotel again this year and the exact same problem. It is never a good sign when you don't want to remove your shoes during your stay due to the filth.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John C
glarney, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown North, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that you found our carpets to be dirty. Our main concern is for the comfort of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide this for you. I do thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our housekeeping crew to thoroughly clean our carpets. Your business and satisfaction is extremely important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Gina