“Best on northside”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Weston, United States
“Best on northside”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stay here annually when visiting family. Clean hotel, friendly staff, decent breakfast. Poor mattress, no refrigerator. Nicest hotel on north side of Youngstown. Across from Handel's Ice Cream (best in US).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lewiston, NY
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am in Youngstown quite often visiting family and due to a graduation party being held in Liberty I chose this hotel. I normally stay in Boardman and was very surprised at how well maintained this property is kept. I arrived around Noon and the desk staff was very kind to allow me to check in early. The rooms are very clean and the cleaning staff on the floor were caring enough to ask if everything was ok. Having stayed in many of the hotels in the area, this was one of the best. Actually it is the only decent property on the North Side.The complimentary breakfast is quite adequate.

Berea, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

There aren't many high end hotels in the Youngstown Area, so this Hampton Inn was what we chose when coming in for a wedding. We were delightfully surprised by the interior in the lobby. Everything else was clean and more than adequate.

Bowie, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hampton Inn North/Youngstown is an awesome hotel. The rooms are neat, quiet and clean. The staff is extremely friendly and efficient. The "continental" breakfast is actually a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, etc. I will always stay at this particular hotel whenever I return to my hometown to visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Mars, PA, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel staff was extraordinary during our stay. They all want way above and beyond the call of duty for all the guests in our (wedding) group. They are models for how to represent the hampton/hilton brand.

Columbus, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Carpets were so dirty, I threw my socks away after the stay. I stayed at this hotel last year and had the same problem. After complaining last year about the issue, the hotel promised this would never happen again. I tried the hotel again this year and the exact same problem. It is never a good sign when you don't want to remove your shoes during your stay due to the filth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank John C
glarney, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown North, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that you found our carpets to be dirty. Our main concern is for the comfort of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide this for you. I do thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our housekeeping crew to thoroughly clean our carpets. Your business and satisfaction is extremely important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Gina
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed June 22, 2013

They do not have fridge or microwave in rooms. They serve Turkey sausage instead of Pork. They called me at 5am in the morning in my room to tell me I had a fax at the front desk. My room door would shake when ever someone would open the exterior door down the hall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business