“Business Trip”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Business Trip”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The people are very nice and try to help with anything you need. I have stayed many times at this location and each trip has been good. The price is a little high but the services is great. It is very convenient if you need to stay in Youngstown or the surrounding area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was wonderful. I really appreciated the selection of breakfast foods. My grandson is on a gluten free diet and there was plenty of food that was offered that he could eat. We will be making a lot of trips out that way I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The first floor room was nice we were just down the hall from the pool and the fitness area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sun City Center, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Cannot stress enough how wonderful the staff is at this Hampton Inn. They are warm and friendly and made us feel at home. The room, including bathroom, was clean and neat. The breakfast was hot and a large selection of breakfast foods. The staff at the front desk told us where to eat upon our arrival - a great Italian restaurant a few doors down with great food and decor (don't let the outside fool you).We have already referred our relatives to this Hampton. We will surely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Succasunna, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Originally wanted to stay at other Youngstown location (also conveniently located off Route 80), but they were closed for renovations. For the business traveler, free internet is a must. The breakfast is standard, but good. Staff was extremely pleasant on my late Sunday night check in. Liked it so much, I stayed there again on my way back to NJ on Tuesday night. Comfortable, reliable, safe, clean. What more could you want? And the Italian restaurant two doors down was a great recommendation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Portland, OR
Reviewed December 14, 2012

As a diamond member I obviously stay in a lot of hotels. I selected this one from the Hampton Inn on I-80 just because it's a few miles closer to my job site while I was in town. It didn't impress, but it wasn't horrible either. The front desk staff when I checked in was polite so I don't have any issues but my room wasn't all the way clean and I almost didn't want to stay a second night. My sheets were clean (and I have to assume since they make a huge deal about cleaning them and the duvet) but the carpet was filthy and garbage was left in one of the trash cans. There were some spots on the bathroom floor as well, and a lid to a plastic bottle. It was like the maid cleaned half the room and forget to come back and do the rest? Luckily I had flip flops with me and I did ask them to vacuum the carpets for my second nights stay which the maid service did accommodate. The hallway carpets also had stains and were not clean. The location isn't that great either (if you don't wan to drive to Niles - 10 minutes away or over to I-80 where the other Hampton is) if you are looking for places like Applebees, Starbucks, Steak Houses, malls.. don't stay here. Stay at the other Hampton on I-80 that is close to all stuff. There is a lot of fast food a few miles away, but the area didn't seem that great.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor (top floor) to avoid excessive noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lady_Nafziger
glarney, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown North, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Thank you for being a valued Diamond member.
elkhart
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This place was a breath of fresh air after a couple of bad places we tried as we traveled home. This Hampton was spotlessly clean and had fantastic service. The woman maintaining the breakfast service was helpful and kept it all well stocked and clean. I LOVED the Hampton policy that ALL linens including the duvet covers are fresh. Highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2012
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The location was perfect for the event. Room was very clean. Only drawback was no refrigerator in the room. Microwave was in the breakfast area. Friendly desk staff. Breakfast had extras and great fruit bowl. Tea, coffee and fruit available all day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple