“OK Hotel”

Hampton Inn Youngstown North
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Not in the best area as you can't really walk to anything and must drive. Not as good a Hampton as some but costs the same. But the only real gripe is about the location. Staff very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Youngstown North

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The only bright spot was the night clerk who gave good customer service. He was friendly and helpful. The day clerk was unresponsive and unhelpful. We won't stay again.
Our first room didn't work out when a horrific noise beagn just after we arrived. Apparently there is a large, noisy compressor for the pool in the back. When it ran we couldn't talk or listen to the TV. When we called about the noise, the desk clerk didn't even ask any questions. He just moved us to a new room. Obviously, this is a known problem. So, if you get a noisy room, complain. Get an odd numbered room, facing the street. Or get a room on the North side, with a room number less than x14. That decreases the noise.
Inside our new room, the door to the bathroom was misaligned. It stuck so that opening or closing was a hard process with a lot of noise as the loose door panel rubbed on the misaligned frame. We just left the door ajar. Clearly not the expected quality at a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room, facing the street. Or get a room on the North side, with a room number les...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I was so pleased with our stay, that I felt I must. This was a lovely, clean hotel. Our room was extremely clean, and they pride themselves in even cleaning the duvet covers between guests. That should be industry standard in my opinion. Everyone was very friendly and courteous, even when we checked in late at night, they were full of smiles. The lady who took care of everything at the breakfast buffet went above and beyond to assure you started off your morning right. Thanks Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Gardeningmom2
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here for one night on our way to Chicago. Perfect hotel: clean, nice staff and great breakfast. For an overnight stay that is all you really want to have. Safe parking is important they had that. Clean bedrooms they had that. Great people working there they had that. Next year we may drive over to Wisconsin and will probably make sure we stay over night here. Perfect location right off I-80. Recommending this hotel for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here using points from previous business trips and I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I asked about local restaurants and was steered toward Station Square, an Italian restaurnt a block's walk away (which was excellent-don't forget the canoli). I prefer Hampton Inns when I travel on business and have come to expect Hilton quality at all Hampton Inns. I wasn't dissapointed. Rooms were clean and I noticed something new: there was a post-it note on the headboard stating they wash the bed's duvet after each guest. Overall quality was top-notch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here for one night while stopping to check out Mosquito Creek Lake. Theresa, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and quick while still being thorough in describing the hotels amenities. We did check out the pool, it was clean and not overwhelmingly chlorinated. Our room had a very comfortable king size bed and was very clean and quiet. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and seemed to like working there. I can't comment on breakfast because our trip got rained out which led us to a couple local bars and the restaurant listed in a previous review (Station Square Ristorante) which I also highly recommend, led us to sleep in a little :o) I think that the price was a little high for this area, but considering the condition of other local hotels, it was worth it to us.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

everything was as it should be at this Hampton. Stayed one night while in town for a funeral. Everything was very clean. Did not use pool area so can't comment on that. Front desk had reservation all wrong at check in but corrected with what i wanted with no problem. This error was due to the person i spoke with on the phone the afternoon before arrival. I could tell he wasn't getting my info correct in hindsight. The breakfast was great and the hostess really cares about her service she's providing. 24 hr coffee and tea avail in lobby. non smoking property so try to get a room near an exit if this is important to you. Ask about size of beds. Might be fulls not queens and might not be good for 2 people. Also, there is a great italian restaurant nearby, Station Square Ristorante. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: we had a double room on the first floor near lobby due to desire to smoke. Coffee was just a few st...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family