“Great stay”

Hampton Inn Youngstown North
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Reviewed July 26, 2012

everything was as it should be at this Hampton. Stayed one night while in town for a funeral. Everything was very clean. Did not use pool area so can't comment on that. Front desk had reservation all wrong at check in but corrected with what i wanted with no problem. This error was due to the person i spoke with on the phone the afternoon before arrival. I could tell he wasn't getting my info correct in hindsight. The breakfast was great and the hostess really cares about her service she's providing. 24 hr coffee and tea avail in lobby. non smoking property so try to get a room near an exit if this is important to you. Ask about size of beds. Might be fulls not queens and might not be good for 2 people. Also, there is a great italian restaurant nearby, Station Square Ristorante. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: we had a double room on the first floor near lobby due to desire to smoke. Coffee was just a few st...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hampton is becoming my go-to road hotel. The standards are high chain-wide and usually in safe areas for a woman traveling alone. Room was clean and comfortable. Thought the sticky note telling me the sheets and duvet cover were clean was a bit much as I would have expected that! Friendly staff and convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank chp12
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here on our way home back east after a 13 hour long drive...The girl at the front was friendly, sweet and funny...Our rooom was more tahn fine for an overnight..Breakfast was good and well attended to by the hotel staff..They kept the breakfast area clean and fully stocked.
Although we didn't have time to use it, the pool area looked very nice..Nice place to stay while on your travels across route 80

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Our family checked into the Hampton at around 11:45 pm on Friday, 6/22/2012. Extremely nice and welcoming staff after leaving a horrible experience down the road at then Quality Inn and Suites North. The owner and management team should be proud of the employees at this location. My family will not forget how well we were treated and how clean the Hampton Inn is kept. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RobbieO70
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We came in at the last minute (had to modify our travel arrangements) and were welcomed and quickly checked in. Even honored triple A discount (although we did not reserve in advance).

Our room was in great condition. The beds were very comfortable, and we slept well.

Had an excellent breakfast the next morning.

Loved it; would stay again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Whenever we are traveliong east to west on I 80, we always stop here for the night. The pool and hot tub are great after a long day of driving. The front desk people are very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast is included in the morning and they have good coffee.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Stewart S
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The photos online are somewhat deceptive. The hotel has been remodeled and is a bright, somewhat trendy, and cool place!

The Pros: Convenienent location to downtown. Actually, if you do some digging there are some good restaurants really nearby. The Station Inn, less than a quarter mile away has a great dinner. The room is spacious The mattress is wonderful. The wii fii is strong. The temperature control works well. The hotel is spotless. Breakfast has hot offerings and the hot offerings vary every day. I wasn't thrilled with the breakfast choices one day, (It was just me. While I realize a bagel with egg and cheese is great with some people, I really prefer just plain scrambled eggs.) I was very happy with them the next day's selection of cheese omelets.

The staff is great. They are happy to help with directions and restaurant recomendations

The Cons: Only the fitness center keeps me from giving this place glowing reviews. The fitness center means "one treadmill, one elliptical and one bike." Ummm....really??? How many rooms are in this place? I ran in the evening and folks were in and out glaring at me on the treadmill the whole time. The room is large enough for more equipment.

Overall, I would rate this as "better than average" but the fitness center keeps it from being near the top of this type of business hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business