“Love the food. Hate the service”

Golden Hunan Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #74 of 431 Restaurants in Youngstown
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: In front of newly renovated Motel 6
Description: In front of newly renovated Motel 6
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Lets be clear This is not the Chinese restaurant near Motel 6. This is past the Walmart going south on Belmont Ave. We have been going to this restaurant for years. In its old location and now at its new location at 3111 Belmont Ave. We love the food but the service is, lets say, lacking. They need to hire some help. The girl that seats you is also ringing people out, answering the phone, taking care of carryout all at the same time. On New Years Eve my wife, my daughter and son in law waited an hour to just get our drinks. I know it was New years Eve, but, come on!!! We had reservations and got seated a half hour after we arrived. We spent a total of 2 1/2 hours by the time we left. This isn't just on a holiday. It usually is like this any weekend. Like I say, we love the food when we finally get it. Just don't be in a hurry!!!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Too Expensive, Charged Mandatory $3.00 tip and all I ordered was 2 egg drop soups & waitress had horrible rude attitude. . And charged for crispy noodles that automaticly come with soup!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This wonderful restaurant serves many types of Chinese dishes. Cantonese, Szechwan, Hunan and Thai. They have a wide variety of yummy dishes and if you are Vegetarian, you can substitute Tofu for the meat in the dish. They have a Lunch menu and serve from it very quickly. They have a very nice, full bar. They are closed on Sundays. If you go, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Terri C
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter was very accommodating! This was the main reason I decided to rate this location. The food was good... not the best Chinese food I've ever had but I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place used to have the very best chinese food, not so much any more, this is the second time I have been disappointed in the quality and taste. There was three of us and we all were not happy with the dishes we ordered, mostly it is so bland and missing that extra flavor you would expect in Chinese food, I even ordered the spicey garlic brown sauce, and it was still bland, and not very big portion for what you pay, little bit of vegetables and not all the ones described in the menu, our service was bad, I think they forgot to tell waitress we were seated and then it took long time to get our food. Have to say I will look for other chinese resturants when we get in mood for chinese again, after this it will be a long, long time, Sorry this is such a negative review, just not what it was.