Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frederick, Maryland
“Very nice, clean”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very nice far exceeded my expatiations. Very clean. Will absolutely stay there again. The room had everything, everyone was very nice. Actually have recommended this place for a group of approximately 20 for a weekend in the spring time, 2013.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
KayLou K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
It's great to hear you not only enjoyed our facility but recommended to others! Your feedback is what keeps our staff motivated and ensures guest satisfaction and stay repetition. Hope to see you in the spring!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This HIE is newer as most other reviews have said. The rooms are appealing to the eye, the pool area looked nice, there is truck parking at the Pilot next door that is well within walking distance. I will stay here again for sure if I am in the area. Most importantly the rooms were VERY CLEAN! Thanks HEI

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our facility. We appreciate not only your business but taking the time to share your experience with others. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again should your journeys bring you back to the Youngstown area!
United States
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I almost hesitate to write this reveiw, as I think this property is such a value and a delight to stay at, I'm afraid if more people stay here, things will change!
We stay here 3 or 4 times a year, if lucky, and it is, without a doubt my most favorite hotel in the United States! Now, the Greenbrier and Grove Park Inn are resorts not to be compared, but this place? THE BEST.
The girls working the check in desk can't be nicer, sweeter or more helpful. Once, they even dropped me off at the mall so I could shop! The rooms are clean, clean, clean. Linens and towels are always soft and plentiful. The staff in the breakfast area is delightful to chat with and the food is always the best. The best orange juice to be found anywhere!
They offer such wonderful specials as $1 happy hour and hot food at dinner time during the week. The pancake machine is great and beats those drippy, flippy waffle makers!
The lobby is nicely decorated and comfortable. Parking is easy and access to all kinds of shopping close by. I love staying here, and I'm pretty sure you will also!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Over the past year, I have spent about 30 nights in this HEI. This place has steadily improved in quality. In February, water was so hard it was difficult to wash. Then came the water softener which made the water too soft so it felt as if you had soap on you all the time. Finally, they have it about right. A couple of house keeping slipups have been noted also. Uncleaned toilets or hair in the sink are bad memories. Food is standard HEI breakfast but it opens at 5 am! This is great for those of us who need to be somewhere at 5:30.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KayLou K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
It's such a compliment to have your review of our property. We are so grateful that you have stayed with us on so many occasions and seen us through our new opening's rough patches and now as a property that is coming into it's own. We are a property that strives for complete satisfaction and we do this by taking our guests' concerns and requests and following through to make changes for the better. Thank you for taking the time to express your impression of our property and look forward to seeing you soon!
Columbus, OH
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is fairly new, very clean and comfortable, with free wifi and included breakfast. A group of us stayed at this hotel for two weeks while traveling on business and were quite pleased with the accommodations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We know it's difficult to be away from home, especially for such a length of time, that's why we strive for complete guest satisfaction in providing comfortable lodging with a friendly staff. We're delighted we were able to accommodate your needs and that you were able to enjoy our daily, hot breakfast. We hope to be your hosts again should your travels bring you back to the Mahoning Valley!
Hartford
Reviewed November 3, 2012

As a Holiday Inn Platnium member my expectations are very high. This property exceeds all expectations for a HI Express. Clean, friendly, efficient are but a few words I can use in describing this place. The room was spotless, latest amenities all around. The lobby staff was very helpful and offered the best warm cookies when I arrived. The breakfast buffet was fully stocked and open at 4:30AM!!! this made me very pleased as I always get on the road early.

When traveling through Youngstown, stay here! There is also a family owned sports bar down the road to the left that I highly recommend for lunch or dinner. I had a ribeye steak sandwich w/fries and two diet cokes for under $10. Good quality and family friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to exceed every guests' expectations so knowing that we achieved this through your recent trip is always good to hear, especially being a Platinum PC member! We hope to see you when you return to the area and thank you for your continued loyalty!!!!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We arrived to the hotel late at night, after a long driving. The hotel was easy to find as it located just of I-80. The friendly receptionist welcomed us with two bottles of water. Withing couple of minutes we were in our room. It was a lovely brand new room with two king beds, clean and comfortable. In the morning we had a free hot breakfast at the dinning room, which give us a fresh start of the day, and save time to look for coffee elsewhere.
Holiday Inn Express, in my opinion, is always a good value for money. I prefer to drive a few extra miles at stay at their hotels, because I know what to expect. I highly recommend it for travelers on the east route to New York and back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon_zz
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I will be happy to share your review with our team members as a job well done! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your stop on your way down I-80 and hope your travels bring you back to our hotel in the future!