“They even wax the furniture...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melrose, Massachusetts
“They even wax the furniture...”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is the first time we've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, and I know this is a new location, but here's the deal...

We were eating breakfast in their breakfast area and on of the employees was hand waxing the legs on the chairs... now THAT, my friends, IS ATTENTION TO DETAIL.

And when you see someone hand waxing the chairs, you simply know that the rest of the hotel is going to be run with the same concern for care. And it showed everywhere: the helpful front desk staff and the breakfast crew... all happy, smiling, and willing to simply make the guest helpful and happy.

As a previous reviewer said, there are plenty of restaurant options near by (the mexican restaurant across the street was okay but no great shakes). It is easy on and easy off to the interstate, an by truck stops with low gas prices.

A lot mid-tier hotels could learn from this staff and this property.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Michigan
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We use this hotel as a stop-over stay on our way to New York. New hotel. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Breakfast buffet is plentiful with many choice. Easy on/off from I-80.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I will be happy to share your review with our team members as a job well done! We appreciate your choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Youngstown W and hope to your travels bring you back to our hotel soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Such a nice property!!! for goodness sakes even the stairwell was nice! Stayed for 2 nights, check-in was fast and quick. Room was clean, and very spacious. Beth the breakfast attendant was very nice and each morning i went down to get breakfast she greeted me with what they have and was just pleasurable to talk to. They have an indoor pool, fitness center and business center... If at all im back in the area and i need to stay at a hotel, this will be my first choice!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ryan L
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed here the week after Christmas and was pleased. Because the hotel is new, it was predictably clean and fresh -- always a good thing. But what set it apart for me was the service. Everyone was friendly and attentive and made the stay convenient and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CCase1951
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel was the halfway point between our drive from MI to NYC, and we stayed both on our way out east and on the way back. I booked this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews, and was not disappointed. The hotel is located right off the highway 80 and very easy to find. The check-in was quick and friendly (especially the young gentleman the first night), and our rooms were clean and more spacious than expected. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was super clean, and the TV was new with many channels available. I did use the pool both mornings, which was small but clean. It was quiet although the hotel was very full, and most importantly, we all had a good night's sleep.

I do have a few negative comments: During both stays the room was really warm when we initially walked in, and the only way to make the temperature comfortable was to turn the air on to the desired temp...a little strange, but not a big deal. On the way back they were doing "maintenance" on the pool at 9am, which was somewhat inconvienient because of our schedule, however, it was good to know they work to keep it in good condition. Lastly, the lady running the breakfast seemed annoyed when we came in about 20 minutes before the buffet ended. There was barely anything left as far as hot foods go, and when I asked if they were bringing any more out, she looked at her watch and said "not at this point". I guess I would suggest making sure to get there early enough (although what hot food was left was not that impressive anyhow).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank kit264
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Our room was quite spacious - a king bed, chair/ottoman, desk/chair, dresser w/TV microwave and fridge, a bench, a small table, and two nightstands with LOTS of room to move around. Extremely clean. Staff was extra friendly and helpful. We got a great price online which made it even better. Would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank mindfultravel22
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass your comments on the staff of a job well done!
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My family Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. This is by far the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. We stayed in a suite. I was very pleased to see how clean it was. Even the stairwell(which is usually an afterthought) was immaculate. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a big hit with my children. I had a nice relaxing time reading a book in the beautiful courtyard while my girls swam in the clean, not overly chlorinated pool. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank c b
Travelers also viewed these Youngstown hotels
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Youngstown West
Home2 Suites by Hilton Youngstown West/Austintown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
Address: 5555 Cerni Pl, Youngstown, OH 44515-1159
Location: United States > Ohio > Youngstown
Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Green Hotel in Youngstown
#3 Romantic Hotel in Youngstown
#3 Business Hotel in Youngstown
#5 Family Hotel in Youngstown
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area 2.5*
This newly built AWARD WINNING Holiday Inn Express & Suites is located a few miles west of Youngstown off I-80 in Austintown, Ohio. Only minutes from downtown Youngstown, you'll spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. Contemporary hospitality and our friendly staff are eagerly awaiting your visit. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Youngstown West Niles i-80 Hotel Austintown