“Visiting since childhood”

Youngstown, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Visiting since childhood”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I'm afraid growing up in the suburbs of Youngstown, I haven't come up with many heritage and cultural locations of reknown in my hometown/city. BUT, we would often visit the Butler Art Museum, either for special events, school, to pass time, and such. It is such a great and important aspect of our city, with great artwork. I hope to go back soon and would recommend.

Visited September 2011

Freeport, Illinois
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Family enjoyed it”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was a little nervous with my active early teen girls if they would take the time to really look at this place. They did and loved it. Very nice collection. Was not expecting such a collection. And to top it off is had no charge.

Visited July 2012
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Does anyone work here?”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Butler has some of my favorite peices of American Art and I visited during an afternoon several weeks ago. What I found was that no one works here! I couldn't find a single person who could answer a few questions about one of the paintings. A very nice security worker informed me that there are days when there is no front-line staff working to help visitors. Are you kidding me? I was told to call in before I visit again to make sure someone is there. The place has no admission charge, so they can't be struggling for money - pay to have someone there at all times to man the desk and answer questions! I work in the museum business and front-line folks are some of the most important. Make sure someone is there!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Traci M
Boardman, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Hidden gem in the valley”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

All of the art work,beautiful building,so peaceful and calming,wonderful to explore all of the exhibits.

Visited May 2012
columbiana, ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“GEM of YGN, Parents educate you Kids”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My dad took us as kids and now I take my great nieces. Luv that they offer Art classes for Kids and Aldults. Hope this grows. the Lunch area serv VG sandwiches and coffee.

Visited November 2011