“Excellent dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Franklin, Pennsylvania
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stopped for dinner after shopping on Saturday evening. We have eaten here before and have always been pleased but this trip was especially enjoyable. Our server, Alina, was a delight: cheerful, knowledgeable about the menu as we made our selections, then completely attentive throughout the meal. She anticipated water and beverage refills that we did not have to request, cleared empty plates quickly to optimize space on the table and paced the arrival of each course perfectly. We enjoyed a crab bisque that was excellent, and remarkable because while many seafood bisques feature barely-visible morsels of seafood, this was full of big chunks of crablegs. My husband enjoyed a Bloody Mary that he said was great. His crab bake came in a huge bucket with a very generous serving of crablegs, mussels,very good corn on the cob and a side of mashed redskins--an expensive dinner at nearly $50 but worth it as the food and experience were of such high quality. I completely enjoyed my entree of fried shrimp with buffalo sauce, very tasty and not too spicy thanks to the creamy mashed redskins to tame the heat. We were way too full for dessert though the selections were tempting.
TINY disappointments: an annoying '"slight extra charge' for blue cheese dressing on my salad and an odd ( for a crab restaurant) lack of the plastic tools to open the crab legs without using and bending a dinner fork.
We will certainly return when travelling in the area.

• Visited April 2014

Akron, Ohio, United States
“very good but not exceptional”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Saw this place advertised many times and always wanted to try it, so I finally got there. The service was very good. My friend got the steak, shrimp, and crab leg combo. Steak had a great taste, shrimp okay, and crab legs okay. I got just snow crab legs, 1.5 lbs. We went for my friend's birthday. The food was good enough, it's just that we live like 1.5 hours away, and we agreed that for the price, it just wasn't exceptional enough to plan on going back. The price was the biggest blow against it.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Barbara B
Youngstown, Ohio
“Terrible”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Arrived at 6:15 for dinner and hostess seated us at a table. No menus, sat for 5 minutes waiting. Finally asked a girl walking by for menus. Our server came over and took our drink order. I saw a women at the next table with an interesting drink so I ask and ordered a Hurricane. The drink was very good. We ordered Oysters rockefeller for app. Came back to take our dinner order. My daughter ordered snow crab legs dinner, I ordered crab cake dinner. After about 10 minutes she brought our salads (no app). We ate our salads which were good. I then asked about our app and she said, oh did you want that? 15 minutes later brought over the app which was good. I ordered another drink, she brought it over and it tasted like there were chemicals in it. I couldn't find our waitress, finally told her and she just took it away without saying anything. She came back with what I'm assuming was another drink and set it down with no apology or saying anything and walked away. It tasted exactly the same. Like crap! Looked for her again. In the meantime, the lady that had the same drink as me was complaining to her server about her drink also. The table next to me had waited so long for their meal that they had the server package it up so they could take it home, they couldn't wait anymore. And said to us as they were leaving, last time at this place! She finally gets me another drink and said the girl made it wrong.
Finally brings our meals, it is now 7:20. My daughters crab legs were good. My crab cakes were dry and the red skinned mashed were ice cold and sooo dry. I was embarrassed to complain again so I was just sitting there not eating. Some hostess came over and asked us how things were, I said I really didn't like my meal it was dry and cold. She apologized and said can i get you something else, I said no its ok, we really can't wait. I told her how good my daughters crab legs were, she asked if I wanted that. I asked how long would it take and she said 8-10 minutes. I said ok, i really don't want a side though just the crab legs.
45 minutes later, still no crablegs. I am furious now and just want to leave, can't find our 'no personality' waitress. She finally brings the crablegs at 8:15 and I say I really don't want them i just want to leave. She brings me a box and the bill which was 95.44.
I ask for the manager, this 20 yr old smart mouthed girl comes over and says, I already took off the crabcakes which by the way, we tasted and there was nothing wrong with them. I fixed your drink and I'm not taking anything else off the bill. I said can I speak with the owner, Eddie.
She said, No, he's my uncle and you can deal with me.
It was, by far, the worst dining experience I have ever had in my life. I was a waitress for 15 years and would never talk to a customer like that. I paid 95 dollars to sit in the same spot for over 2 hours, leave still hungry, and was treated like crap. I am shocked they stay in business.

• Visited March 2014
9 Thank Kim5265
Youngstown, Ohio
“ONLY worthwhile option for seafood”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Being in Youngstown, there isn't much choice for seafood besides Red Lobster which can't hold a candle to the Crab Co. Excellent seafood quality, crab legs are wonderful. Nautical theme, with live parrots for a little flavor. Bar is a cool setup with nice outside sitting area and outdoor fireplace. Expensive, but that's what you expect for decent seafood.

• Visited November 2013
Columbiana, Ohio
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have always enjoyed this restaurant. Seafood menu changes with the season to provide fresh fish and other seafood dishes that are in season. Service has always ranged from acceptable to excellent. I consider this a "treat" restaurant because the pricing is usually than its main competitor in town - Red Lobster. But I prefer the food at Youngstown Crab. Noise is not excessive in the dining room but this is not your quiet white tablecloth type of establishment. The last time I visited parrots were in residence in glass cages and are certainly enjoyable to watch.

• Visited February 2014