“Easy on/off in/out, clean and honest”

Quality Inn & Suites North
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped here on our way back home from an Easter trip to Williamsburg, VA. Although running late, the hotel was easy to find and quick to check us in. The lobby smelled a bit of cumin (from the attached Casa Ramirez) which was not upleasant - just different. Our room was clean and comfortable. We left early the next morning without incident nor hassle. Two days later I realized I was missing my phone. Thinking I would have to pay for a new one, I called the hotel on the extremely unlikely hope that it may have been found in my room. It was. I received it in the mail a few days later. I WILL stop here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GRN87
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites North

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We checked in with 5 adults into a previoiusly reserved dbl queen room. We needed a roll away cot also. It was cheerfully provided very quickly. The room was clean and well appointed. We appreciated the double sink, with one being outside the bathroom. It was warm when we wanted warm, cool when we wanted cool. The breakfast room was also clean and well attended to. Our first floor room served us well. The only drawback was a noisy fan on the Heating/AC unit.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JohnR003
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This had to be the worst hotel experience that my family has ever had. We booked 6 rooms in total arriving 12/15/2012. This was surpose to be a happy occasion because my niece was graduating from Youngstown State and this was the first time all 5 sisters were all together in over 10 years. No one could swim because the pool 's thermostat was broken and from the looks of things the pool needed to be cleaned. The drinks at the bar were watered down and were just horrible. The rooms were cold upon entering and the heat could not be regulated it had only high or low; either way the noise would keep any person from sleeping. So I just turned the heat off ,to get some sleep. Waking Sunday morning to a freezing room ,"I turned the sauna back on", oops excuse me , the heater on and went to breakfast. There was only two cold cereals to choose from. One canister of milk, which by the way had the top loose on it. This cause milk to be spilled all over the table. I took the canister to the lady in the room that connects to the breakfast room and she fixed the top. Checking out went quick but what transpired after is what ,really concerns me . I left my grandsons mobigo on the bed , rushing to get to graduation. Called Sunday night around 8:00 to let front desk know and they toldme room has not been cleaned yet but they will call if toy is found. I dont know if they were not listening or just ignored what i said . there was no question about rather or not if i left the toy or not i know i left the toy.I have been calling and have spoken to several people about the toy but no answers or toy. I am truly sorry if employees are not paid enough ,that does not give them the right to take others belongings.I will call until my toy mysteriously shows up at the front desk not under the Christmas tree rapped as a gift. So all be ware this is not the place to stay if you want a good nights sleep and a staff of honest hard working people.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for and please check reviews before booking.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Quality Inn is conveniently located just off exit 229 I80 Belmont Ave. The hotel is clean with comfortable beds, pleasant room decor, room amenities such as refridgerator, coffee maker, hair dryer and iron. The front desk personnel were polite and efficient. This all comes with morning breakfast and an indoor pool. I know prices change at all hotels but for what I paid - it was a good deal!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dav695
Reviewed October 15, 2012

After our experience with the Quality Inn in Youngstown back in July, I was so disgusted with the "service" we were given and the response from the Hotel when I called to talk to them about it, I made a post here so others would not make the same mistake we did. I called and talked to Scott personally and told him about our experience and he apologized. He asked what I would like to see happen, and I told him that before I was drawn into a heated conversation with the "cleaning lady" in the lobby when I was trying to talk to the desk clerk about our room, I would have been satisfied with a reduced rate for the night. But after being embarrassed in front of other guest in the lobby and made to "list" the problems with the room, I thought he should "comp" the room and review the "job description" with the cleaning lady. He told me that he couldnt do that, so I replied...Okay Scott...tell me what you can do, and I,ll be satisfied with that. His response was to to tell me he would "call back". I was surprised at his answer and frankly a little suspicious, but I thought, this guy is the Hotel Manager, and a professional, so I took him at his word. Well...he never called back. Now, anytime the subject of travel and hotels comes up, we tell our friends of the incredibly bad experience we had at the Quality Inn in Youngstown, Ohio and how they charged us...Two Hundred Dollars...for the "jacuzzi room".

Like I said, Scott never bothered to call back, but I see by his numerous responses that he is well acquainted with this site, and apparently he had my review pulled. Two weeks ago we stayed at a "motel" in mackinaw City in Northern Michigan for the week end with friends, and were quite pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the view of the lake, and the rate ?....59 dollars for the night.

I,ll say it again..our experience at the Quality Inn in Youngstown, Ohio was incredibly bad. And with out going into detail...again...I,ll just say that some of the other complaints on this page pretty well sums up our own experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David S
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stopped and had reservations. The help was very quick and efficent. We had a 6th floor room and it was clean and plenty large. The heater fan was very loud. Check out was easy. They had a very good breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I didn't spend too long here but it suits basic needs just fine. Fast easy check-in, super friendly desk staff, great rate, clean room, comfy bed, air conditioner worked well, reliable wifi. Cold fridge was a nice surprise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo