“Poor Quality” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Youngstown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our family of four adults was traveling out east and needed a place to stay. I called from the road using a coupon in the hotel books you pick up at welcome centers/rest stops. I made the mistake of booking the hotel sight unseen from the road. We had a non-smoking room in the back side that smelled like a smoking room, there was mold in the shower (none of us used the shower- too gross), The trim around the carpeting was badly scratched and the entrance door had black marks on it. When we went to get our free continental breakfast the next morning I met a woman who was getting her breakfast and asked her if she would rate her room a 2 on a scale of one to ten. She agreed and then asked me if I knew this was a high crime area and a high poverty area. Then she told me to get out of there as soon as I could. For breakfast, we could not operate the microwave and toaster and juice machine at the same time. Only one could be plugged in. When I asked about waffles, the manager (man of Indian background) said nothing, but opened the frig after he took off the locks on the door, and then pulled out a box of EGGO waffles and the toaster. He dumped the box of Eggo waffles on a wire rack with nothing underneath them (not very sanitary in my book). The breakfast rooom consists of one table that seats 4. In short, none of the adults slept that night and we should have refused the room. It was disgusting to put it mildly. I am contacting Super 8 Wyndham so they are aware that this establishment should be stripped of its Super 8 name brand.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Youngstown
Quality Inn & Suites North
Econo Lodge Hermitage
#4 of 4 in Hermitage
3.0 of 5 stars 59 reviews
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Warren

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!