“Great Hiking”

Clifton Gorge State Nature Preserve
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Clifton Gorge is a great place for hikers. Recently hiked through the area again to John Bryan SP and had a great time. The gorge trail takes you along a river for a while (little Miami river I believe), so there are some nice picture opportunities. Be careful in wet conditions though; the rocks in the gorge area can be extremely slippery. The rim trail is a bit easier but less to see. Recommend for day hikers: be sure to hike through the gorge and into John Bryan / Glen Helen parks, but just be sure to bring maps with you.

4  Thank 37Geese
"lovely area"
"wild flowers"
"hiking shoes"

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Been there before, but tried different trail this time that was beautiful! Lots of serious hikers and families with young children.

1  Thank barbara h
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

My Husband came here when he was younger. This was my first time.
You definitely need to wear good shoes.
I would not recommend if you don't have good balance or health issues.
Lots of knotty roots and uneven rocks.
You can here the water flowing-so relaxing.
The smell of the forest was so nice.
I wish I could bottle it up.
It was good exercise, with wonderful views.
Parking free.
They have a Park office/Building with woman's and men's restrooms and a lot of educational info and animal skin's, etc.
I highly recommend.
We saw a lot of people. Some families, mainly couples.

1  Thank Paula R
Reviewed August 15, 2017

They could use more map signs and less stay out signs along the paths. We walked quite a ways ran into other hikers said they couldn't find the falls, we weren't sure we were on the right path turned around, never did find the falls, that we hear our gorgeous, I guess we will have to try again.

1  Thank Amy B
See more reviews
Reviewed July 27, 2017

I had time for only a short hike so chose the Narrows trail. A half mile in each direction, it goes by rapids in a gorge deep enough to be noteworthy. Mostly level trail, no significant altitude gains or drops. Visitor signposts describe local history, though they are weather-worn enough to be challenging to read. Still - a great place to see an unusual piece of Ohio.