“Christmas party in Yellow Springs”

Williams Eatery & Gathering Place
Cuisines: American, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Springfield, Ohio
“Christmas party in Yellow Springs”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Had our 'ladies' christmas party here in December. There were 12 of us and the staff was very accommodating! We even had a White Elephant Gift exchange following our meal. Even with this size of a group, the service was excellent. We will definitely return.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank beckyd02

Lexington
“make sure to get an experienced server”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were unfortunate to get a server who must have started that day, and no one helped her. It took a while to place our order, and then over 40 minutes to get our food. We were on a limited lunch break, so this did not work well. My husband had the pub fish sandwich with french fried which he said was ok, but both were cold. Our order must have sat around for awhile before our server noticed it was there. I had tomatoes stuffed with zucchini, squash, and red pepper - no dressing of any kind was offered, and it was pretty tasteless. Then I was overcharged, told our server, she said she would change the total, and now that I'm home, I see we have 2 charges on our credit card. I will now have the hassle of calling the restaurant (3 hours from my home), and trying to get this straight. There are many places to eat in Yellow Springs - this wasn't one of the best.

• Visited September 2011
columbus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will return soon!”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Unique menu. Husband LOVED the eggs Benedict with lump crab meat! Can't wait to go back and try more!

1 Thank melanie0407
Springfield, Ohio
“Nice Variations On Food”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I ate at this restaurant on the way to perform in Xenia. I had found them via their web site and tried it out. It has American food but also Peruvian. I tried the pollo a la brasa, which is a braised chicken slow-cooked for hours. It was flavorful and the meat fell off the bones. It has rosemary herbs on it. The side I had was potatoes with dill and garilc (probably tossed in a little olive oil) and it was a nice item. I had a special Peruvian beverage that I cannot recall the name of, but it was nice with its cloves and sweetness. They serve bread with olive oil to dip and it was soft. The server did his job and all was well.

2 Thank Sliphorn
ohio
“Suprisingly Good”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I found this gem one street over from the main drag in town. The food and service was great! The building looks a little run down from the outside, but very nice once we got inside. The peruvian food is so different but great.I do wish they had served liquor though.

1 Thank lateniteOhio