“Best Location, Comfort Level and Host we could ever have had !”

Arthur Morgan House Bed & Breakfast
belize
“Best Location, Comfort Level and Host we could ever have had !”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We went for a quick weekend get away, and could have stayed longer for sure. This HOME is perfect on all levels, and wow, it is one block from main street !! WOw !
Highly recommend to stay here, and so you know, I am a professional travel as we live in Belize, and travel alot .
Smiles !!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macarenainbelize

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2010

The beds are great, the food is goumet and the service is gracious. The owner is a world traveler with very interesting stories to share. The Morgan House is a lovely B & B in the charming location of Yellow Springs. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Wonderful hospitality- breakfast was excellent both of the days I stayed (slightly different selection- so this was very nice). Room was very clean and comfortable. The proprietor, Susanne, is very welcoming and gracious. Great location: 3 minute walk to restaurants, movie, books, jewelry and art stores, and bike path near wooded area. Excellent stay- will return when the opportunity allows.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I made a reservation 2 months in advance for a specific room, paid for it, and got an email confirmation for the room.

About 3 weeks before our reservation, the innkeeper sent an email telling us our room had been switched. She didn't ASK to switch the room, the email said it had been switched. I immediately emailed her back asking why this had happened, as the room she had switched us to did not appear to be as large as the one we had reserved. She did not respond to 3 emails.

I called her to to ask about it. She said my emails must have gone to her spam folder. (I have never had a problem with anyone receiveing my emails before..)

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and asked her about the room switch. She assured me by phone we still had the original room reservation and that the email was telling us that in some rare situations we might have to switch to another room if there was a plumbing problem or something. I asked if there was currently a problem and she said no. She assured me by phone everything was OK for the original room.

On the day of arrival, after driving 11 hours, we arrived at the B & B, tired. We walked in and there was an envelope with our names and key assigned to the SECOND room.

The innkeeper was nowhere in sight. We were very angry. We hunted her down and asked her about it. She said she "had no idea how that had happened." I reminded her of the call I had made just 2 weeks prior and she said she "couldn't remember that", even though it had been a very unique conversation about broken pipes, etc.
I said she undoubtedly had another couple in our room that had wanted it for a second night, and she finally mumbled quietly that that might be so. She asked if we wanted yet another room, but we said no, asked for a refund and promptly left.

We feel she was very dishonest and lied to us three times- once that she had not received my email, once on the phone, and a third time in person.

We run a business and would NEVER lie to a customer, or do a bait and switch.

STAY AWAY- stay with an innkeeper that has integrity.

I have written emails that prove what I wrote.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank wearytravelerUsa
Tipp City, Ohio
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is a gracious old house that has been painstakingly restored and refurbished, with scrupulous attention to detail. We felt that every detail had been taken care of, and house keeping was accomplished with quiet efficiency. There is something to be said for being seated at a well-laid table, with linen tablecloth, good china and outstanding , home cooked food that nourishes the soul and body simultaneously. Suzanne is an outstanding hostess with a disarmingly easy-going manner and bubbly personality.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We were looking for a "staycation" destination, and Yellow Springs is just south enough from Columbus that the sun was warm and beautiful. The Arthur Morgan House was a perfect "walk to everywhere" location. And our room, The Heron room, with a view tucked up in the trees, was perfect, especially for my 6' 6" husband who had no problem in the King size bed with NO FOOT BOARD, Yippie!!
Breakfast was prepared by our wonderful host, Susanne. Everything was organic and so good. I am still trying to duplicate those pancakes -- so delicious. Okay, I'll just have to go back, and we definately will, soon.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Arlington,VA
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My wife and I stayed, with a group of friends, over Thanksgiving. This proved to be a perfect getaway. A very mellow place in a very mellow town. The beds were comfortable, the rooms very clean & quiet and the bathrooms updated.The breakfasts terrific. Close to a wonderful bike trail and great hikes. Just what the doctor ordered.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Quality Inn and Conference Center
Residence Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South

Been to Arthur Morgan House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!