“Great location near bike trails & pet-friendly”
Review of Ramada Xenia

Ramada Xenia
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Xenia
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Great location near bike trails & pet-friendly”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel was perfectly located for the cycling we came to do on the Little Miami Scenic Trail and was convenient to downtown, many fast food restaurants, and a great Mexican eatery, Acapulco (all within walking distance). The staff was friendly and the fact that the hotel was pet-friendly was a must for us. The hotel was very quiet as there were few other guests on the days we stayed. The room was quite nice, although the door to our bathroom stuck and was hard to get out of. The halls were dingy and unattractive as this is an older hotel, but the rooms have been renovated. The lobby near the bar always smelled like smoke. Internet was fast and good, beds were comfortable, fridge was good. Breakfast was so-so. There was no fruit or oatmeal, coffee was very weak, and the hot food availability was erratic -- we never knew if we were going to get it or not. On our third morning, we ate at McDonald's.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emilys7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel staff was very freiendly and the breafast was fresh and hot. The overall cleanliness of the rooms and halls etc left something to be desired. I think that was mostly a factor of the age of the carpets etc.

I would probably stay here again as the price for Cedarville University families was just right.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TheHawk01
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here on my way home from a storm chasing convention, because I found myself going through Ohio and had always wanted to see Xenia, site of one of the most devastating tornadoes of the April 1974 Super Outbreak. Essentially, it was a choice between this place and a serious rat-trap-looking place just down the street. It was very late when I arrived, and booked from the parking lot on my smartphone to be able to shop for better rates (which I got -- $30 off listed price), so I didn't see anything outside till morning.

The room was okay, nothing fancy. It looked pretty clean but smelled stale, like the air hadn't moved in years. The decor was dated but not offensive. Decent TV, nice beds, etc. The only two icky things were that the hair dryer had come off its wall mount and was just kind of barely attached, and there was some black mildew on the shower tiles. Just sloppy housekeeping, really.

However, as an avid storm enthusiast, I was thrilled to learn that the hotel was located right in the middle of the damage path from that tornado, that in fact it had been built in the mid-80s to replace a hotel that had been destroyed. I got to the restaurant late for breakfast, but the chef was more than accommodating. He was at the end of his shift, so I asked him what he knew about the tornado. He told me a great deal and offered to give me a tour of the town, which he did. That was awesome and he went far out of his way to be helpful to this visitor. I was really lucky to have met him, and his kindness left me with an overall very good impression of this place. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: It's a downtown location, so outside rooms can be a little noisy, but it's not bad.