“Pleasantly Surprised”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had put together a happy hour with a pretty large group of friends and we chose this place since it was in-between where all of us worked. I had heard that this place has had very long wait times but it was a Wed evening so I figured we'd be okay right at 6pm. The staff was very friendly when we arrived and quickly got us a large enough table on their indoor/outdoor patio. Our server was especially friendly and he recommended we order our apps and drinks right away in order to take advantage of the happy hour prices. We decided to order the pork and pepper nachos which were out of this world! I have never been a big pork person and honestly have never had them on nachos but was so glad I tried them. I absolutely devoured them! The craft beer selection is probably one of the best I've seen in the entire city too. Others had ordered pizza and said it was really good too but I couldn't stop eating the pork nachos. We were probably there a good 2 hours, and our server was on top of it big time! We became somewhat of a loud group since there were like 10 of us but no one seemed to mind out on that patio area. The staff was basically seating all adults without kids out there which was a very smart move. All in all, I really liked this place! The service, the food and especially the selection of beers was outstanding!! All of us commented that we'd definitely be coming back for sure!!

“Quality ingredients”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

First off, they use great quality ingredients. Salads were exceptional. Pizza crust a delight. Pizza toppings great. The thing is there is very little sauce on the pizza, it's actually very dry. Five hundred degree oven crisps a wonderful crust. Did I say it's dry, had to request sauce on the side.
Service is the issue here. I have never seen a place with so many people wandering around just not sure what the heck they are doing. I saw three managers roaming round, none bothered to speak to an actual customer that I saw. Very disjointed. Received salads and the then two minutes later pizzas came, then table is buried with items and can't move or enjoy. Definitely a number of quirks to work out. Need to direct some attention to customer service.

“Great beer selection”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The pizza is nothing to write home about, but the beer selection on the other hand, it deserves a post card. Many taps to choose from. I would recommend a bar seat.

Visited March 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Great crust, flavorless pepperoni and sausage?”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love pizza, and will drive out of my way for a great pie. Thinking that Pies and Pints might be worth the trip, I gave it a try. True to reviews I'd read in newspapers, the crust was awesome - - for a while. I went for the "classic" with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, and banana peppers. The first bite was pleasant only because the crust was terrific. But, by the time I got to the last of my four slices (I got a small - 10" which was more than enough for a lunch) the crisp and crunchy crust had turned to mush. While the tomato sause was adequately spicy, the pepperoni and sausage had virtually no "zip" whatsoever. I've never had more bland-tasting pepperoni, ever! And, the sausage was not much petter. The mushrooms had a nice "earthy" flavor and, if it weren't for the peppers, the pizza would have been suitable for an ulcer diet. Perhaps some of the "less traditional" pizzas are better. But, if you can't get it right with the "classic" pie, then there probably isn't much hope for the others. Sadly, I will not be returning to Pies and Pints!

Columbus, Ohio
“What could be better than pies and pints?”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went to Pie and Pies on a Saturday evening and there was a wait so we went to the bar to check out the pints. There was a very nice selection of draft beers and the bartenders were very accommodating with tastes. After we selected our beer we decided to stay at the bar and eat pizza. They do half and half pizzas and we both got our favorite toppings and were very pleased with the results. At first I saw the big edge and thought it would be a thick crust, but in fact the crust was thin and crisp and delicious. So in closing, high points for the pies as well as the pints! We will be back.

• Visited March 2013