“Setting the standard for average.”

Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
Nashville, Tennessee
“Setting the standard for average.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I've stayed here at least a dozen times over the last ten years, and sadly it gets a little worse every time.
To be clear, the hotel is still clean, safe, and decently run. However, the details keep getting sloppier and sloppier.

The location-
I think the location is solid. It is on the north side of C-Bus in the upscale town of Worthington. It is easy to get on I 270, 315, or 71. There are a few places to go within walking distance including a couple of good restaurants. The charming downtown square of Worthington is probably about a mile away.

The rooms-
Decent, but starting to get dated. This place went through a major renovation probably 9 or 10 years ago and really hasn't done anything since then. The bathroom was clean but small.
the office chair was broken- it looked to be hyperextended. The cleaning details were weird- for some reason all of the drawers were open. Also, the toilet had an ultraslow leak so every few hours it would noisily refill

The fitness-
This was a pleasant surprise as it has been updated and expanded recently. Thanks!
Also, there are a couple of nice routes to run outside.

The service-
Way down. They acknowledged my platinum status, but then there were absolutely zero benefits. no upgraded room, no breakfast, no snack bag, not even a drink coupon. Very disappointing.

All in all it certainly isn't terrible, but there are a ton of great competitiors across the highway that have all stepped their game up. This property has just stagnated.

Room Tip: The second floor is really the main level. Floor 1 could seem a bit like a basement. Other than th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TDbusiness
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear TDbusiness,

We would like to thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club member and for your review. We apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate you calling out the good quality of our gym and our great location. While we are pleased with the good comments, we truly value the not so good comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points with our staff and we hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made. Thank you again for your review. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bel Air, Md
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We booked this facility, as there was a conference there we were attending. I knew the reviews were +/-, but it was convenient. I called to make the booking, as I wanted to be sure I had no stairs to climb. The person I spoke with was lovely and 100% accommodating. We found the hotel to be very clean and generally updated. OK, the layout was a bit weird, but we did not spend our day walking around the building! Our room was clean and modern with a flat screen TV, easy access/strong wifi, fridge, coffee service, a very comfy bed with lots of pillows and ice/soda machine right down the hall. We found the front desk staff to be fine...they were not our best friends but took care of any questions/issues we had. At first, the key card did not work, but they re programmed it. The hairdryer came off the wall bracket, but that was fixed in a snap as well. The gentleman who set up the conference room was extremely helpful and friendly. We ate dinner in the restaurant; about 7pm. There was only 1 person working, a very friendly and efficient older man. My husband and I shared french onion soup and a bagel reuben. While not exceptional, they were both served hot and were good. Overall, I would consider this a fine place to stay; not high end, but clean, modern, well located and fairly priced. It is within walking distance from shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoughton, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 31, 2013

When we got to the Holiday Inn, Worthington, you can imagine my surprise when I heard that check-in was 4 p.m. and that no room was available (it was about 11 a.m.). My jaw dropped and my response was, "we have a wedding at 4:30". The receptionist on duty began working the computer and lo and behold, room "appeared". The dripping faucet was repaired quickly after we called the front desk (so that was great). However, as we entered through Door 9, just the need for plaster repair around the door made me realize that this was an old hotel that hasn't been well taken care of. Our friends experienced the same front desk response, only they didn't get a room until much later. When they tried to say something (they aren't unkind people, so it wouldn't have been demanding), the manager on duty basically turned away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Park2214
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Park2214,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff as well as the condition of the room. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Medfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After being a Hilton and Marriott guy I am becoming more impressed with Holiday Inn. The rooms have been redone and is very clean. The AAA rate is also very reasonable. The hotel is near some good restaurants for a business traveler

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were shuffled from an overbooked hotel to this no frills Holiday Inn. Creepy front desk clerk offered no help for use of the only microwave oven in the hotel (in the clerk's kitchen), they put us into a room that hadn't been made up at 1:00am with no maid service, switched us into a room with one bed - we are 3 people! We couldn't wait to get out in the morning and there was nothing to keep us - no breakfast, which in this area, it is typical to have a full free breakfast. Not even a free coffee. Don't get suckered into staying here, there are many better choices in nearby Dublin.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mistermcgregor2017
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear MisterMcGregor,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and concerns. Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay and apologize that our hotel staff, housekeeping service and room accommodations fell below your expectations. Rest assured that these concerns will be looked into. We do hope when business or pleasure brings you back to the area, you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2013

convenient to all sites such as ohio state,zoo,shopping areas,restaurants, all amenities in hotel were very convenient.the staff was very friendly and went went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonburg, West Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

you park and every thing you want or need is there. great for kids and or meeting grand kids.
close to every thing.zoo,water parks, shopping. extremely .clean rooms the hotel is layed out
like a hand your rooms are the fingers all hallways lead to your palm which is the main lobby,
restraint,excerise room pool

Room Tip: rooms on west side are quieter and closer to the pool and the restruant
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#43 of 143 in Columbus
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270
Courtyard Columbus Worthington

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington? Share your experiences!