“Great service”

Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Good area. Close to Columbus attractions close to freeway but very quiet several restaurants and a lot of shopping . Large property but has alot of doors for easy access. Rooms have 4 pillows on each bed firm or soft .

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The fitness room is being redone. The clerk that greeted us was courteous, professional and prompt. The room was nice, clean, and needed minimal repairs (sink faucet leaked when on, the molding under sink was loose, the bathroom fan did not work when light was on. The room was spacious. The pool which we did not use looked inviting and made us wish we brought our suits. They were having internet issues so it did not work all the time. We only spent one night. I would probably stay again. We pricelined it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Kevin P,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom condition. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experience. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here just a few days ago for a business trip and definitely felt compelled to write them a great review. The hotel, restaurant, and the rooms are in great shape and clean! Cleanliness is key for me and this was definitely on par with my expectations. Another great shoutout would be the staff. When I checked in I was helped by a lovely woman named Cindy and she was extremely accommodating and very nice. We chatted and made small talk about my visit and even when there was a minor hiccup with the credit card/reservation she handled it immediately and I was on my way to my room. I had the buffet breakfast the next morning in their restaurant which was great, set up well, and fresh. We were served by an older gentleman who was equally as fantastic as the other staff members as well. All in all , great place to stay near Columbus whether you are on a business trip or with kids!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Thankfully, I stayed here for one night only. The Sleep # bed was malfunctioning, which was uncomfortable because 1/2 the bed was too firm and the other half was sinking underneath me when I woke up! Back ache! My room was clean. Front desk staff could not find my reservation, except then it showed up. Front desk staff said I did not have breakfast included in my rate, except then it showed up. No big deal, things happen, but they were rude in the process- as if I were making it up. I selected a water from the vending machine (which did not accept dollar bills so I had to run down to the lobby to ask for change) and it gave me a diet coke. Nice. Overall clean, fine, average. The breakfast buffet was hot and fresh, but I did not care for overhearing the restaurant staff loudly discussing their prescriptions and health issues the entire time I was eating. The entries are awkward and poorly marked. I parked on the south side of the hotel near a covered entry, but when I entered there wasn't much around and it felt like I was interrupting a conference that was going on in that section. However, nothing marked it as a special event entry or anything like that. Just weird. Overall absolutely nothing that was a big deal, but it's the little things that irk a person. And the little things that can make you consider staying somewhere again.. or not.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was a short vacation trip to Columbus Ohio, From arriving and checking in to all my further needs the staff at the Holiday Inn did everything without fuss.Comfortable room, great food, a good selection of drinks. The hotel Internet helped me a lot. .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here during the week of the 14th to go to the Columbus zoo. We had a sleep number bed with a roll out couch second bed that we used for our four year old. The room was modern, clean and had a loud but adequate air conditioner. I did not feel hesitant about allowing my son to play on the floor as the carpet looked new and in good condition. The bathroom was clean and in good condition. There was a locking safe in the room, and a coffeemaker and mini-fridge for personal drinks (no minibar).

Pros: Very clean,very nicely maintained property. Nice pool. Nice location. Worthington is a very pretty town. Good amenities nearby (across the street, a Bupa di Becco, Starbucks, First Watch breakfast cafe, and Kroger grocery store.) Easy access to I-270.

Neutral: We have a sleep number bed at home, but the controls on the ones in the hotel were very difficult to figure out. (press and hold and guess where the numbers are as it inflates/deflates). Traffic was quite heavy. The GPS is rubbish for directing you to the Columbus zoo from the hotel. Front desk staff were a bit cold.

Cons: The restaurant/breakfast - Even though it's free, you get what you pay for - the food didn't taste so good, and the entire place reminded me of a kitchen nightmare in the making. It was absolutely deserted throughout the whole day, with just a few tables. When compared to the First Watch next door which was jam-packed on a Thursday morning, it's obvious there is a market for a cafe but the quality, freshness and service of this place were poor. The bacon reminded me of the precooked stuff you can buy at the store, then stuck in a microwave to reheat it. Absolutely gross. My husband ordered eggs Benedict and it was not prepared correctly. Avoid eating here even though it's free! Luckily, there are other places so you have a choice.

The only other "con" isn't really that bad, just something to keep in mind if you are disabled or limited mobility. The elevator is on the first floor but the ground access requires you to walk up 10 steps to get to it. It's also way far from the lobby, on the other side of the hotel, so you will be bringing your bags up the stairs, or walking really far down corridors then into the elevator and an equal walk in the other direction, to find your room. The lobby is not on the first floor, because of the slope of the property. It's on the 2nd floor which can be confusing.

I would stay here again, and I felt like it was good value for money and very safe and clean, but worth exploring other options for food.

Room Tip: Either ask for one close to the lobby or close to the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I just dropped my son off at OSU and was unable to get lodging closer to campus for the night of my arrival. I was lucky! The only drawback in this clean and accommodating place was , oddly enough, the toilet size. I am quite slender, and must admit that they reminded me of commodes in backcountry outhouses........However, I wish I stayed here all three nights, as the place I chose closer to campus, while my son settle in, left much to be desired.....

Room Tip: If anyone in your party weighs 200 or more, I would check your rooms lavatory first....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#52 of 144 in Columbus
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington? Share your experiences!