“Econco Lodge Review "JustAGuyTraveling" is Fake! Read it & go see for yourself.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We booked through Priceline sight unseen, upon arrival my wife called me crying. She was very upset about the hotel and area -she felt unsafe. This was from the outside, she dicided to go in and check it out anyway. she called me back after seeing the room, it was a nasty smelling room & she was afraid she might get bugs. Needless to say, I had to book her into another hotel. I talked to Priceline about the situation, they called the EconoLodge on Wilson Bridge Rd. In Worthington OH. Between Priceline & the hotel I had a crazy 45 min conversation that made no sense, first they tried to tell me my wife was at the wrong econolodge it got stranger from there.
To the bottomline, Priceline dosent stand behind there product & the Worthington Econolodge should not be booked sight unseen. Also, They keep your money if you dont stay... Traveler Beware!

Room Tip: Look at the room before you give them your credit card. NO REFUNDS if you dont stay!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This Econo Lodge is a few blocks south of the I-270 beltway in Worthington, OH. It is a very quiet and safe area. We got a 2nd floor room and as there is no elevator, lugged our stuff up a flight of stairs. The room was small but very clean; there was a microwave and mini-fridge but no in-room coffeemaker. All of that is well and good, but the big issue was the air conditioner: it was so loud that it sounded almost like I might imagine the Battle of Armageddon might sound! Loud, grating, throbbing, and unacceptable. We could not get to sleep with it on so we had to turn it off and sleep with it being uncomfortably warm in the room all night. But the price was great, and if you don't mind listening to a jet engine next to you, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed May 16, 2013

While looking for a room, for one night, near the Ross Hospital in Columbus, I found the Econo
Lodge in Worthington. I read the reviews before booking a room, and decided to take a chance
I found the room to be very clean. The bed was brand new, color TV with seventy channels, a
fridge and micro, ironing board and iron. Everything looked ans smelled new!
So to those who didn't like this place, spend three times more and stay at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
US
Reviewed April 6, 2013

When shopping for $50 hotel rooms, you have to be realistic. The basic criteria is is it clean, is it safe, and is it convenient, and this hotel meets all three. It is a small, older hotel that has been there since before the more recent development in the area took place. It has two levels and no extra frills like pools or gyms. I stayed in a 2-bed (four person) room, and my room did have both a microwave and mini-fridge. The location is great - it is within one block of the I-70 exit, is right in the middle of Worthington which is an upper-middle class area, and is nearby to Kroger (grocery store) and an interesting small but upscale mall that has no anchors - just shops like Jos. A. Bank, Talbots, etc. Starbucks and Buca di Beppo are directly in front of the hotel. There are other, newer chain hotels nearby, so why is this half the cost of the others? It's old, that's it. It looks like it hasn't had an overhaul since the early 1990s. Some things were newer, like the bathroom vanity, but other things had been there for quite a while, like the tube TV and telephone. But the room was spotless, the woman at the front desk was pleasant, and I had no concerns about safety. It does include a continental breakfast which encompasses toast, bagels, muffins, and orange and apple juices. Bottom line, you could pay $50 here, or $100 at a larger hotel next door, or $50 at one of the larger chains nearby off Dublin-Granville Road where there are groups of sketchy characters walking around the gas stations and check cashing places over that way. Me? I thought the price was right for what I got. No worries, small bill, convenient location, clean room, good service. Would stay again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Second floor opens to an inside hallway, first floor opens to parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Austin TX
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We booked a room three weeks ahead for a king bed, using points from our Choice Privileges account. When we arrived, we were assigned a room and hauled our suitcases upstairs. I was already leery of the place since an exterior door was tied open, meaning security was reduced. The hallways were very dark.

We found a queen bed in a very small room. We went downstairs with a copy of our reservation and the woman at the desk said they didn't have king beds, period. She blamed the Choice Hotels website for the foul up. She did agree to return our points and cancel the reservation. I called Choice and got a reservation at another motel in Columbus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BabsinTX

Travelers are raving about these Worthington hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 8, 2012

i had come into columbus for the first time for rock on the range this year and i had booked this online. luckily i booked early and got the room at a decent price for the event. the hotel apeared to be run by two people (almost seamed like husband and wife) which theres nothing wrong with that but they seemed very... unhappy which doesnt exactly set the best enviroment. also they were behind the thick glass which gives you a bad sense of security. the room was clean, i first checked for bugs (always do this before i sleep in a motel), there were no bugs no dirt very clean. then i layed on the bed and it instantly hurt my back. the other bed in the room was just as hard so not a very comfortable room but.. hey i was going for a rock concert i didnt mind until the ride home.
the breakfast was non existant, a couple slices of bread and bagels. they had a juice machine but it only spit out water, i informed the desk worker and they never did change out the juice box.
all in all i guess it beats sleeping in my car in a big city, but not by very much. got very little sleep from loud ac unit..
will not stay again if im in the area, saw plenty of other hotels in the area to try next year. adivse you do the same.

Room Tip: avoid any room with a bed...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, OH
Reviewed May 30, 2012

It was a comfortable bed in a clean, quiet room for a good price. That's it. No fridge, microwave, pool, fitness center, or other goodies. But if you just need a safe place to stay, I'd recommend it. There was plenty of hot water and good pressure in the shower and the A/C worked well and relatively quietly. There was a small table and chairs in the room, as well as an upholstered chair.

There is a good Italian restaurant, a quick-service sit-down restaurant, a sub shop, and a McDonald's within walking distance, and it's just a block or so off I-270.

I asked nicely, and was allowed to check-in two hours early (it was Memorial Day, and the place was practically empty) at no extra charge. I had booked through Hotels.com, and there was no trouble with check-in or check-out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m60freeman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270
Motel 6 Columbus - Worthington I-270 High St
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!