“Can't beat the staff”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Graff
“Can't beat the staff”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed there several times now The staff and owner could not be nicer and they try to do everything to make your stay pleasant. I visit family in the area and like staying in a hotel ust to be able to relax I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CATHY M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brechin, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this facility and were impressed by the helpful staff and management. Clean rooms and comfortable accommodations. Manager went way out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CATHY M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate you sharing your comment.
Kettering
Reviewed October 27, 2012

While the rooms were acceptable, I found this Econolodge to be overpriced and VERY busy. Not sure why the rates were so high,$99 double. I guess there is a college in Wooster and it was a weekend so I just used my points and got a comp night. Breakfast was so packed we just gave up. People were in the parking lot and the hotel bar until all hours of the night. It was ok no real complaints , I am just not used to seeing rates this high at the Econolodge properties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. We are glad to know that room you stayed in was as per your standards and acceptable by you. As per price our rack rate that weekend was 89 plus tax, since there were more than one special event in town and that was still less than other hotels in area. Also Econolodge's nationwide do have a wide range on room rates it deponds when you are staying . As you noticed we do have a separate breakfast room set up that has seating close to thirty people but only on sold out weekend things do get busy.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Wooster.

Sincerely
Cathy
Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When I checked in the staff was very nice and got me to my room quickly. It seemed to be a busy weekend at the hotel, as the parking lot was fairly full. When I entered my room it was what I expected for the price. I was very tired after a long drive and a full day outside. I instantly noticed the noise coming from the room next to mine. I could clearly hear their TV and talking. They did not have their volume up high, it was at a reasonable level and their talking was at a normal conversational level. The only thing I could figure was the walls did not contain any sound suppressing material or were paper thin. Needless to say I did not have a very good nights rest at this hotel. My neighbors TV was finally turned off around 3 AM and I had to get up at 5 AM. I stayed in the building to the rear of the pool so I can not comment about the other buildings that are part of this hotel. Sleep is important when I stay at a hotel and I got very little there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you very much for the review on our hotel - delighted that you found our staff competent and friendly. I will ensure that your review and comments are passed on to the relevant departments.
I was surprised about the noise levels, as it is something not generally commented upon - since you stayed when we had a full hotel and noise levels would have been a little higher. I will ensure that your comments on the prunes are passed on.
Hopefully you might consider a return visit if you do plan on coming back to Wooster .

Kind Regards
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed there for the Wooster College of Piping and Drumming event on the campus of the College of Wooster. Conveniently located to the campus and the downtown. The staff on all shifts was very accommodating. They were knowledgeable about the area and made recommendations for places to eat. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve O
Thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel about your stay. We are glad you found our hotel to be of great value, this is our goal to provide great service, good clean and functioning rooms, that dont have to cost a lot.
Best regards
PORTAGE
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Starting with my phone call we were met with an accomodating attitude. We made several out of the ordinary request and all of the staff cheerfully took care of us. They took the time to follow up with us to insure that we were comfortable, and we were even met at our room at check-in by housekeeping,
to make sure that we were pleased. The gentleman and lady at the desk are real jewels and go the extra mile to share their knowledge of the area. No cold pop tarts here either, a nice selection for breakfast. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
7 Thank Khararock
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your business.
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

this was one of the cleanest and chepest rooms ive stayed in. The bar upstairs is small and townie esq but the perfect place to grab a cheap stiff drink. the guy working the desk was fantastic and helped us with an overbooking of rooms and when our keycard stoped working. I would and plan to stay there again. Great job guys, keep up the good work

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank michael m
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we do appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wooster
Rodeway Inn Wooster
#4 of 8 in Wooster
Hampton Inn Wooster
Hampton Inn Wooster
#1 of 8 in Wooster

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!