“Noisy hotel, but my dog can stay withm e”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've stayed at Econo Lodge in Wooster two years in a row while in town for the Wooster Arts Jazz Fest. I design jewelry, so had a booth at the show. Because it's a bit of a haul from home, it's easier to stay overnight. I chose to stay here, because I wanted to stay somewhere my small dog (chihuahua/terrier mix) could stay with me. The Econo Lodge is a pet friendly hotel for pets under 30 pounds. If I had other pet friendly options, I probably wouldn't choose to stay here again.

The rooms are very basic, a little worn looking, but relatively clean. It is your typical motor inn with outside room entrances and two levels. It has a couple of buildings and a cramped parking lot. Last year I stayed on the second floor in the building behind the pool house, and it was a little quieter. This year, my room was in the first building, about halfway down from the office and on the ground floor. There were people outside all night. Plus, there is an Italian restaurant across the parking lot (not sure if it's part of the motel) and they had live music on Friday night...it was good, but it was loud. I could hear it in my room. My dog kept guard all night and was disturbed several times by the loud talking and louder music.

This year, my mom was with me (hence the ground floor room). She checked out the free breakfast and said it was "carb city." The had bagels, waffles, toast, muffins (maybe?), juice, coffee, maybe cereal (I didn't get the whole rundown), but there was no fruit. There is a McDonald's right across the street. The staff was very friendly and helpful, so that is a big plus. The room rates are also fairly reasonable and it's only $10 extra for my dog.

Overall, if I had another, better option, I wouldn't stay here again. However, if I ever go to Wooster again with my dog, I will be back. I just hope the people aren't as noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the building behind the pool and on the second level...it might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us this year again. Also we do apologize for music that was playing next door restaurant which is not affiliated with hotel. Restaurant does have live entertainment couple of days a month and we will share your concern with Fiore's rest. manager so that they can lower the volume. Since we are an economy hotel we do sell basic but clean rooms with continental breakfast as you mentioned in your review.

Please come back and stay with us next year along with your pet and we will have a quiter room for you and we appreciate your business.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Every time my husband and I go to Amish Country we stay at Econo Lodge in Wooster, Ohio. The manager of this motel is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and have everything we could want. This motel is also pet friendly as we take our 1 dog with us. I would recomend this motel to anyone staying in Amish country as it is also within driving distance of all the popular shopping places.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be quiet but the king size beds are in the back building and it is extremely q...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank southernohio
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate you sharing your comment.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stay at a lot of top line name brand hotels when I travel for work (Hyatt, Marriott), but this spanking clean little hotel with friendly service is just fine for visiting my son at the College of Wooster. Amazingly, the beds, pillows and towels are all just fine.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BostonTraveler32
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear guest

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our motel! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your stay. We will share your nice comments with our team here at the motel. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you and your family in the future!

Econolodge Wooster Staff

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were especially grateful for the kindnesses shown by your receptionist, Cathy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Saskia G
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay and kind words. Please stay with us again whenever you are in town.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel is older and a little outdated but the rooms were clean. Did not eat the breakfast as I was out of the hotel early. Friendly staff.
Room out the side to walk a dog down a backroad or just on some grass.
Older style furnace/ AC so it was a little loud but worked well.
Very inexpensive so if you just want clean and safe but don't care about fancy, this will work for you.
Was just off freeway so easy to get on and go to whereever you needed. Just make sure to read the signs as there are several roads that are meeting and crossing around that overpass.

Room Tip: At the back in the 2 story building was further from the road and quiter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mblan

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. We really do take good care of our four legged guests. We understand that for many (myself included) pets really are part of the family. As we are a family hotel, it only makes sense to welcome them with open arms.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Recently stayed for one night. Was not sure what to expect since we have not stayed at an Econo Lodge in years. We were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean room, plenty of parking and a very friendly stall. There is also a very good restaurant next door, Fiore's Italian.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim G
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for the kind review. We really do value the feedback that you offered. We try our best to keep our rooms clean and simple for our guests. We look forward to having you visit the Econo Lodge Wooster again in the near future!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

This pet friendly motel always has good service, but this last visit they surpassed themselves!!!! I was there to visit my daughter, who is a student at The College of Wooster, and is very sick. They went out of their way to make me comfortable, and to make her comfortable when she came and spent a day in the room with me. I could not have been more impressed!

In addition, because they are pet friendly, I was able to bring her cat with me - and having him there really helped her feel better!!

The facilities are older and fairly basic, but always clean, plenty of parking, adequate breakfast, and I just discovered this trip (after years of staying there!) that they have an indoor pool! Felt rather silly that I had not ever noticed it before! They also have an exercise room. The motel is quite convenient to the college and town, and the price can't be beaten.

Room Tip: No elevator - so if you don't like stairs ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ruralartist
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay . We are glad that you’ve enjoyed your stay. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback which is shared with our staff to reinforce best practices, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wooster
Rodeway Inn Wooster
#3 of 4 in Berlin
Hampton Inn Wooster
Hampton Inn Wooster
#1 of 8 in Wooster

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!