“Fresh food, locally grown, menu changes, charming”
Review of Oak Grove Eatery - CLOSED

Oak Grove Eatery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My daughter's boyfriend is a chef and he raved about this restaurant. We all enjoyed the creative and tasty offerings. It's not the typical restaurant that you would expect in Wooster. Definitely a must-go-to place. Fresh and delicious. My daughter insists that this is place to go for her graduation meal! We all agree with loud cheers!

Allan C, Owner at Oak Grove Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Tony, thank you for your review and your trip to the Bistro. We'll be glad to have you back for your daughter's graduation! The menu changes with the seasons, so we will have many new, creative dishes for you to try.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food here was absolutely delicious, and the atmosphere was very charming. They were featuring a parsnip soup with agave (ridiculously amazing), and the pumpkin lasagne was unlike anything I've ever had before. Only regret that I was too full for dessert, because I was envying the sweets that we're being delivered to patrons nearby our table. I would definitely eat here again, and recommend it to anyone in the mood for a unique, delicious meal.

Maggie, thank you for your review. We do hope that you find yourself in Wooster again so that you can try some of our fabulous desserts!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were traveling through Wooster on our way to Vermont and staying at the Market Street Inn. The owners of the Inn also happen to be the owners of South Market Bistro so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. The location was within walking distance from the Inn. The food was wonderful as was the service. Being from Louisiana I was really interested to see how someone in Wooster, Ohio would prepare Shrimp Grits. Man was I presently surprised. The dish was spicy without being overstated. Just right. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Great place for dinner.

We were happy to have you at the Inn and the Bistro! We are glad you liked your dishes. Chef Erik is known for taking classic dishes and adding his own twist. Stop by again on your next trip through Wooster!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant is a hidden jewel! The Bistro is a wonderful surprise in a small town. I have been back several times and have always been delighted!

Thank you for your review and for visiting us! We are happy to keep our menu fresh and seasonal with specials changing often and are always glad to have you return.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We chose to eat at South Market Bistro during our yearly trip to the Wooster area for a birthday celebration. We had a great time. Our reservation were a bit early, so the restaurant was not packed when we arrived. We ordered cocktails. My husbands Highball was not as good as we have had elsewhere and I didn't like the taste of my drink. No biggie, it happens! The waiter was very attentive and suggested a glass of wine instead. My husband said he didnt mind finishing his drink, so the waiter brought me a lovely glass of red wine that was delish! We both enjoyed our dinners, had a coffee afterwards and split a dessert. The setting was intimate and the food was great. I wish this restaurant were right around the corner from my house!

Allan C, Owner at Oak Grove Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for the drinks, but we are glad we could rectify the situation for you and that the rest of your evening was enjoyable. We hope you can make the trip back to Wooster soon! We'd be happy to have you at the Bistro, and check out our sister inn, Market Street Inn (www.marketstreetinnwooster.com) for your stay!