“wonderful experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Based on a recommendation from a friend, I headed down to Wooster from Cleveland on a Friday night with a few friends for dinner and drinks. I made a reservation just to be on the safe side. When we arrived we were greeted with a smile and were seated promptly. Our server was excellent! Very attentive and was able to offer both food and drink recommendations. We enjoyed a bottle of wine from a great list and shared a few appetizers. We each order an entree which came with a fresh house salad. I had the Summer Squash Risotto and added the Spicy Shrimp. It had the perfect kick and I would definitely order it again. Everything was timed very well and reasonably priced. We will all be making another trip down soon and are looking forward to another visit!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rachael C

Columbus, Ohio
“excellent dinner!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband, 2 children and I went for a wonderful dinner at the South Market Bistro this week. The appetizer we ordered came quick & was delicious. Our entrees were absolutely perfect. The staff was friendly and over-accommodating to our children. We were stuffed, but managed to save some room for dessert...and again, great! We will definitely be back soon.

• Visited August 2012
Mansfield, Ohio
“Really?”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was the place I picked for my birthday meal. We ordered. It took them two tries to even bring me what I ordered. Very overpriced. And after all that was not even offered any compensation for their screw ups. Would not go back!

Visited October 2011
Cleveland
“Excellent dinner, noisy space”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The restaurant was full and yet we got prompt attention and food service. Our party of 4 all had excellent meals. We chose, unwisely, to come on a night they were featuring singers from the Ohio Light Opera. Although we love music and were in fact in town for the OLO, this small space is too lively for music and conversation

• Visited July 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We love this place but it needs tweaking”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We love this place, but the menu needs some revision. There are some dishes on the menu that ought to be rotated out. The salads and appetizers are excellent, the service is good, the atmosphere is charming. However, since there were chef and ownership changes in the last year, we recommend a serious re-examination of the main courses. Some just don't work. The cocktails, however, are outstanding. We have the greatest confidence that the new owners can make the necessary tweaks and keep the Bistro at the top of the local food scene.

Visited July 2012